URGENT! Need To Reserve- Offices Closed, Leaving Soon

bahrain_not_dubai!

Dear All,

This may not seem like the most urgent of threads, but I do have a situation which I wish to deal with quickly.

This Sunday night I embark on flight to Washington DC for a conference, all the way from Bahrain, meaning i'll be up in the air all of Sunday. On Sundays the Seabourn reservation office is closed (or so I believe) in both the UK and the USA, meaning I can't get in touch. Basically long story short-

This Summer on the Odyssey I put forward the $1,000 deposit for any future cruise. Orignaly I booked the 2011/12 New Year/Christmas voyage on the Sojourn in South America, but as often is the case when booking so far ahead, it turns out I can no longer travel for that long at that time. I've decided to compromise for a shorter cruise in the Summer on the Spirit or Quest, but wish to make my reservation before the offer ends. I'd make it with my usual online TA, but thing I don't want the $1,000 to simply go down the drain and I am not sure if it can be transferred after the deposit is paid for a voyage, meaning i'll have to sort it out with Seabourn directly. Which wouldn't be an issue if A) I really want to make use of the current sale and not pay higher fares on Tuesday when I'll be able to next contact Seabourn and B) it'll be virtually impossible for me to sort things out on Monday, the last day of the sale as I simply will not get a chance.

I was just really wondering if any of you folks could lend out a helping hand and suggest:

A) How may I get in direct contact with a Seabourn office anywhere,

or B) If say, I booked on an online agent, would they be able to later on transfer the $1,000 onto the booking, or would that money become a 'donation' to Seabourn and go down the drain?

Any other suggestions on how to get to them prior to the sale ending- , but dishing out a another 1,000 or so dollars for not having contacted them in time the day later won't feel to great, thats for sure.

Thank you so much for all of your help in advance :)

All the best !

I don't see any reason that, after making a "new" deposit on a new (sale) booking with an online agent, that you can't utilize the $1000 future deposit you designated at any time. Simply cancel your booking for the Sojourn (when convenient) and have the deposit transferred to your "new" booking.

Easy-peasy.

Paul ;)

Thank you for your reply Paul :)

I am well aware of that, I guess what I meant was I would really prefer to be able to make a new booking prior to end of the one week sale currently going so I don't need to pay higher fares, which would mean I would need to book by tomorrow, when offices are closed :)

I did get a bit to worried when I found out offices were closed though... :P

>"...have the deposit transferred to your "new" booking."

That shouldn't be difficult, but I think it will need to be done by you, to verbally give the OK to transfer the deposit. That's to prevent fraud, and I had to do that when I changed my booking.

PS: Hi! Paul!

Archived