Room question on Zaandam

Lanson5

We won our cruise and originally we were given an inside stateroom on the Zaandam. After a few phone calls to the TA that is handling our trip, we finally convinced HAL to give us an outside room. Our question is...the room is 2706 which appears to be at the very back of the ship. Is that a bad thing? We have cruised several times before on different lines (Carnival, Disney, NCL), but always had rooms in the middle of the ships. This will be our first experience with HAL. Can anyone tell us what to expect from back there?:confused:

We always choose to stay in a back cabin. I am not sure what deck you are on but we find it to be very quiet and a smooth sail. I spoke to several staff members at HAL before booking my first crusie and they all recommended an aft cabin over one near the front. I hope this helps.

If this cabin is on Main Deck, this is a great deck. I always book an inside cabin, mid-ship on this deck. I have, however, stayed in the back outside cabin, Main Deck, on the Veendam (Veendam is similar in layout to Zaandam) and found it to be just as good as mid-ship. I think you will be very happy in this cabin. Have a wonderful cruise, and its a free one at that, makes it even sweeter.

Your are absolutely right Doone, It's a free cruise and an outside room, so I should just be appreciative. Which we are and very much looking forward to it.

Thanks for your input.....:D

Archived