Nacho cocum or paradise beach?

Colts88

Trying to decide between the two. We will have our 3 year old with us. Any suggestions appreciated.

We were at Paradise Beach last week and it was a very nice beach and pool. Chairs were $2 and the cab was $13 for two people each way.

I was at Paradise beach last week with a 3 and a 4 year old. One nice thing about the pool is that they had areas by the steps that were only about 1-2 feet deep. It was not zero entry, but it was nice because we didn't have to watch the kids constantly to make sure that they were not too deep. We had a great time and I do not know what else we would want out of a beach day with young kids.

If you go to Nachi or Paradise are there maybe other vendors there that are ready to take you out snorkeling, ect? For instance we went to Cozumel (looong time ago) and I was young so I don't remember details but we went to a public beach (Playa something) and there just happen to be someone taking people for a catamarian ride to snorkel and open bar.

I booked Nachi yesterday and if you search online you can see what they offer. They have (for additional fee) snorkeling and such. When I watched the yooootoooob videos of Nachi, I really didnt see any kids splashing around. I did see some parasails and some snorkeling videos however.:)

I booked Nachi yesterday and if you search online you can see what they offer. They have (for additional fee) snorkeling and such. When I watched the yooootoooob videos of Nachi, I really didnt see any kids splashing around. I did see some parasails and some snorkeling videos however.:)

How far in advance should I book Nachi? I'm cruising in November. I heard it's the place to see!

It's not really "necessary" to book this far out, but I'm also cruising in November, and I'm already booked. I always book immediately after booking my vacation....I'd be devastated if they were full! (Just fyi if you do book super early, keep an eye out for itinerary changes and update your reservations accordingly.)

It's not really "necessary" to book this far out, but I'm also cruising in November, and I'm already booked. I always book immediately after booking my vacation....I'd be devastated if they were full! (Just fyi if you do book super early, keep an eye out for itinerary changes and update your reservations accordingly.)

Thanks, I think I'll book it soon. I like to have things "finalized". lol

We went to Nachi last year when it was just hubby and me. There were only about 30 people total there. It was nice and quiet and relaxing. We loved it! And there were 2-3 small kids there playing on the beach with their parents. We were in "parents without the kids" mode and enjoyed the freeflowing drinks. :) We'll be in Cozumel next week and we're choosing Paradise Beach this time because we'll have our 7 and 4 year olds with us. We just think it will be better for our kids. We don't plan on drinking (except for maybe a cocktail each) like we did at Nachi and the pool at PB looks great for our kids, with the shallow end of the pool. So Nachi would be fine for your family if you go there and it won't be crowded as they only allow 100 people in. But I've read PB is great for families too, which is why we're trying it out this time. I can tell you in a little over a week how it is! :)

Am I the only one who chuckled at the type-o "Nacho" Cocum ;):D

Anyhow... we were trying to decide between the 2 as well on our first cruise, we went with PB, bc we had our boys with us and it looked a bit more kid friendly with all the water toys and what not. It was a fun and inexpensive day.

Just back from Nachi last week. Was our third time there and it is still great. Felt very safe and secure both there and on the way to and from. Food is great and so are the drinks. no security issues or problems at all! :)

We are traveling in April with our boys (17, 17, 20) and our 3 year old granddaughter. We are going to Paradise Beach, the older kids love it there and our little one will love the new pool. Since our group is larger than usual this year, PB will be much less expensive and more for the kids to do.

Nachi was a nice relaxing day for us without the kids.

We have traveled to Cozumel 3 or 4 times, but always do Chankanaab. We want to go someplace that would be more fun for our young adult children and their friends. Are there any water toys at Nachi Cocom? We are traveling with four young adults (19, 20, 22, 24). Which beach would be the best for them? They are wanting to parasail and possibly horse back ride on the beach. Also, how is the snorkeling at either place? I know the snorkeling at Chankanaab is pretty good, but I wasn't sure about the sandy beaches. We want to go to a beach and then to a good snorkeling area, but don't really want to spend the $12 for each to just do a hour or less of snorkeling at Chankanaab. Is there any places that offer snorkeling from the shore around the pier?

We loved Nachi, but with kids I would suggest a place with more water toys/things to do. There were a LOT of families with kids there when we were, and we had to move twice to get away from kids who were running around with nothing to do. I know when I was a kid I would have been bored at Nachi.

Archived