Guaranteed room question

sayvan

Not sure how long it takes generally - but I have heard that some so not know until right before sailing.

If you booked directly with Carnival - you can watch for the assignment under "my reservation". If you booked with a group or TA - I don't think you will be able to see that until after final payment.

It could be the day after you make the reservations, it could be when you arrive at checkin. I have no idea what determines the wait. But have never heard of anyone who ended up sleeping next to the pool so have faith- you will get a cabin. I like to believe that the longer you wait the better chance you have of getting an upgrade, but that if based on nothing but fancy. Just go to "Manage your cruise" occasionally and check- one day there it will be. I don't think you get any word that it has been assigned.

I'm 16 days out from my cruise and my guarantee room is still not posted. There's no rhyme or reason... from what I've read on here, most believe the closer to the cruise you are when you get your room assignment, the better chance you have of an upgrade. I guess we'll see in 16 short days!

i GOT MY ASSIGment about 30-35 days out from my cruise....i am not sure as I was not cecking every day....i booked through a TA and registered through carnival dot com and saw my assignment in that time frame....not much of an upgrade guarentee inside and and i got the riveria deck mid ship on the glory

I'm 16 days out from my cruise and my guarantee room is still not posted. There's no rhyme or reason... from what I've read on here, most believe the closer to the cruise you are when you get your room assignment, the better chance you have of an upgrade. I guess we'll see in 16 short days!

Hypothetically, lets say you book a OV guarantee and 2 weeks out there is no room assigned. If you call CCL new reservations and they tell you that all OV rooms are booked, wouldnt this guarantee you an upgrade? :confused:

I sail in about a month and I found out last week the day after I did the pre-check in online with my passport info, etc. Not sure if it was a coincidence that I got assigned the day after but you could try checking in to see if it helps expedite your assignment.

We got upgraded from an interior to oceanview.

Hypothetically, lets say you book a OV guarantee and 2 weeks out there is no room assigned. If you call CCL new reservations and they tell you that all OV rooms are booked, wouldnt this guarantee you an upgrade? :confused:

I believe so. My cruise shows all suites are sold out, everything else still available. I booked ocean view, and am keeping my fingers crossed that we might get a balcony. Never know... And our cabin is still TBA today.

I sail in about a month and I found out last week the day after I did the pre-check in online with my passport info, etc. Not sure if it was a coincidence that I got assigned the day after but you could try checking in to see if it helps expedite your assignment.

We got upgraded from an interior to oceanview.

I've had our fun passes filled out for at least 60 days. I think it may have been coincidence.

Archived