CIVITAVECCHIA - ROME tour post cruise

downundermatt

My ship arrives into Civitavecchia at 0430, and sadly I only have a day and a half in Rome before flying home to Australia, I want to see as much as I can. As obviously I wont be able to check into a Rome hotel this early, I was thinking of taking a tour that would take me into Central Rome post cruise. I know Celebrity have a few tours but was wondering of any other tour options. (dare I say cheaper ?)

I dont really feel like lugging two large suitcases onto the train, even if it only costs 9 Euros !

Hi. When are you going? Have you checked or asked on your roll call to see if anyone has arrangements for transportation into Rome after the cruise? On our trip, we have arranged for a small bus to pick up a group of us. It comes to about 35 dollars each. Usually, there are small groups of people who would like to go to Rome...do you have a place to stay? There are lots of options ...just check on these boards and with your roll call to get started.....good luck....L

If you really want to take a tour, that's one thing. You don't need to take a tour just to have a way to deal with your luggage.

Any hotel with full time service (a manned desk) where you have a reservation will take your luggage when you arrive, even if it is too early to check into your room. You could drop off your things, which they will lock up for you, then head out for coffee and sightseeing, returning later in the day to get into your room. I've done this many times. Smaller B&Bs that don't have a staffed front desk may not be as able to accomplish this, but you can always ask.

Archived