Carnival's Cozumel Jeep Tour

WendyVF

I've asked on the port of call board but haven't had any luck. Has anyone done the Cozumel jeep tour either through Carnival or Island Marketing? The Carnival price is surprisingly competitive.

Any comments are appreciated.

We have never done the tour but we have rented Jeeps on our own from Avis twice and plan on doing it again. When you arrive in port near the back is a couple different car rental agencies. I think we paid approximately 80 total and took all 6 of us wherever we wanted

We did this last year through the ship. It was one of the best excursions we've ever taken! I highly recommend it!

Here's what I wrote from the ship last March:

We both agree that today was one of our favorites in all the times we’ve stopped in Cozumel on a ship. Our jeep tour was FANTASTIC…we’re both so glad our first excursion was cancelled. We LOVED seeing the east side of the island. It is absolutely gorgeous, and very different from the heavily populated west side where the ships dock. We stopped at “Lookout Point” on the east side. I thought it was fascinating. All the rock formations and the beach itself are actually dead coral, and many of the pieces appear to have fossils in them. The water is that indescribable blue that you only see in the Caribbean, and much of the vegetation is starting to recover from the destruction caused by Hurricane Wilma in 2005…the island looks the greenest I’ve seen it since the storm. Our jeep tour also stopped at the Ocean Beach Club for about an hour, and it was a wonderful place. It’s near Paradise Beach but it’s far less crowded. They had lots of umbrellas, and shaded tables, and a nice pool, and canopied lounge beds…good food, too! What’s not to like? I highly recommend this tour for anybody who wants to do something a little different the next time they’re in Cozumel.

Here's a nifty tip, if there is a chance of a weather system moving West to East causing trouble, the Jeep Tour is the only one that can pretty much assure you of being able to get in the water at all.

Due to the inclement weather on our shore day in (rain, howling wind and choppy water conditions) Cozumel our original plans were canceled (3 Reef snorkel) and we ended up taking this tour. We wanted to get SOME snorkeling in and, as stated above, this was the only way to do it.

It actually ended up being more fun that we thought, even with the bad weather.

Jeeps had their tops on so we stayed dry. We stopped by a small Mayan lighthouse ruin (across from a gator, or is it croc, reserve). Headed up the coast to Punta Sur and did some snorkeling. It's not like the reefs on the other side, but hey, we were in the water! Had lunch on the beach, then off to a modern lighthouse/small museum and then back to the boat.

Good time overall. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We won't be there until April. When I went to book through Carnival they had changed it so it was now a per person charge and there was a possibility of someone else being put in the jeep with our family of 3.

I looked at the independent ones but had read mixed reviews and couldn't quite figure out which was wish. Combine all of that to the recent posting of a horror story involving a jeep accident, we've decided to beach it for the day.

Combine all of that to the recent posting of a horror story involving a jeep accident, we've decided to beach it for the day.

Not sure about the "horror story" you are referring to, but something to remember is that the Excursion will travel caravan style - not on your own.

Archived