Are there Sailing Charters that pick up at Havensight or Crown Bay?

12Cruise

Are there Sailing Charters that pick up at Havensight or Crown Bay? Or must one always go to the Red Hook area to catch the charters?

Thnx!

Sailed last week with Rumbaba Charters out of the American Yacht Harbor in Red Hook and it was FANTASTIC. There were 6 ships in port but we had no trouble getting a taxi over - 20 minute ride. Made arrangements with the driver to come back for us and she was there at the appointed time and no trouble getting back to port either.

Sailed last week with Rumbaba Charters out of the American Yacht Harbor in Red Hook and it was FANTASTIC. There were 6 ships in port but we had no trouble getting a taxi over - 20 minute ride. Made arrangements with the driver to come back for us and she was there at the appointed time and no trouble getting back to port either.

I wish I could remember the cost of the round trip taxi to Red Hook, but I do remember that it was crazy expensive on top of the sailing charter. Done it twice and loved it, but if you can get a sail out of Crown Bay...do it!

Mike & Debi on "Island Girl" will pick you up at the cruise terminal. :cool:

Go to: http://www.yachtadventures.biz/rates.htm

Thank you, I'll keep an eye on them and they are on short list now. :)

dreamofmytrip and kendon - been to Redhook many, many, times....just hoping to cut that portion out of a daysail without having to do a ships daysail excursion.

Of course Rumbaba is on my list. ;)

We used Sail Island Girl in 09 and plan to use them this summer. Had a bad experience with taxi's in '08 in St. Thomas so We really liked the idea of no cab. Their sailboat was a little older, but was well maintained. Used them for a half day sail. They had plenty of soft drinks before snorkeling and open bar after snorkeling. Their snacks were nothing special, ritz crackers, cheese and sliced apples. If you're looking for some pampering, a good time, good snorkeling and avoiding the crazy roads on St. Thomas then Island Girl is a great option.

Fury Charters will pick you up in Havensight.

I am kind of leaning to that excursion on my cruise.

Did a catamarran trip out of Red Hook last time, loved the Cat, but did not care for the cattle car ride to and fro.

We really enjoyed it. There were maybe 20-25 (max!) people onboard. We got there as the Cat was leaving with what seemed like a small towns population on it. We had the entire area to ourselves, the guides dove down with camera to take close ups of fish for us, and the rum drinks on the way back were delicious! ;)

Fury Charters will pick you up in Havensight.

I am kind of leaning to that excursion on my cruise.

Did a catamarran trip out of Red Hook last time, loved the Cat, but did not care for the cattle car ride to and fro.

johneeo - if you use them, could you please report back on your experience? :)

• 2 months later...

We are sailing on the Valor June 19th & were looking to book with Fury Charters. We called them tonight & Captain Mike answered the phone, was very nice. On their website, they listed a $5 discount for booking direct by phone or online. My husband mentioned this to Captain Mike & her replied saying that the Ramada is normally 70% of their summer business but they are doing a big remodel so the resort is closed. Because of that, he said the price was for adults would be $55 (normally $80) and for kids 12 & under $45 (normally $55).

We were considering the afternoon sail because the morning sail was 8:30 but our ship didn't dock until 9am. Captain Mike also said he was accommodating the Valor by offering a 9:30 sail instead of 8:30.

With all of the great reviews on TripAdvisor & CruiseCritic we figured we really couldn't go wrong! DH gave credit card # to hold the reservation & within 10 minutes we had email confirmation.

• 1 month later...
johneeo - if you use them, could you please report back on your experience? :)

Did the Fury and had a great time. Saw turtles, reefs, fish, and did some real sailing.

Lot of fun, if you are interested in my cruise review of the EOS, here it is.

There are pictures there of the Fury excursion.

Fury, Jolly Mon...Rumbaba. Apples...oranges. Rumbaba and Simplicity (done both) are both great, and what makes them great is that they only take up to six passengers. Very personal. The food was better on Rumbaba by just a bit, but the overall experience was better on Simplicity.

New Horizons leaves out of Sapphire Beach, if that's easier for you.

We chartered Island Girl for a full day sail with Mike Stanton last week (7/5/11) and had a fantastic time. Mike met us at the dock and we were heading out for an amazing day of snorkeling. We were 4 adults and 2 young children. Definitely a highlight of our cruise! They have many positive reviews on this site as well as trip advisor. You can't go wrong!

Archived