Newer ship for Australia/New Zealand 2013

FortyNinerLiz

Wishful thinking, but rumor has it that a newer, better ship may be assigned to the Australia and New Zealand trips in 2013. Anyone heard this? We just recently came back from a two week trip on the Connie and heard some people saying they would not go with Celebrity to these areas because the ship was the Century and it had limited numbers of balconies and was old. Comments?

baltimore needs a to replace the mercury with another small ship, the century would be a perfect fit, we heard talk about that on board mercury in december, but it would not happen until mid 2012, or later, if it happens at all. we east coasters are hoping that this is not a rumer, and would welcome the century in baltimore.............;)

We just got off of the Century and were very impressed with the ship, her condition, and her crew. Century is apparently scheduled for a refit in May and should be in excellent condition to head for the Pacific.

Our balcony cabin was very nice and we were treated Royally.

My first impression was... Millennium will return in November 2012, after checking out

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule (see page 13)

However, Century is listed on pages 14+ with no mention of the Millennium again. So...

Wishful thinking, but rumor has it that a newer, better ship may be assigned to the Australia and New Zealand trips in 2013. Anyone heard this? We just recently came back from a two week trip on the Connie and heard some people saying they would not go with Celebrity to these areas because the ship was the Century and it had limited numbers of balconies and was old. Comments?

Hi Liz !

It's probably just a rumor. I cannot see Celebrity committing to a newer/larger ship in the region, until Century proves successful. The question is... how strong are the bookings ? Another issue - there's a huge amount of competition in the region.

I'm curious to see if Celebrity commits to another season beyond early 2012. We should have our answer within the next month or two, when Celebrity begins to roll-out their 2012/2013 schedule. Stay Tuned !

I love the Century, I would love for it to come back and not stay in Australia. But the rumors of a newer ship are probably true, since while on the Century in December I heard it would be sold soon:(

Hi BettyCruiser !

That rumor has been around for a while. Being that Celebrity invested $55 Million dollars into Century in 2006, and is about to have another round of updating in May, I'd be surprised if Century left the fleet anytime soon.

My only concern, is that Century is about to become a 1 Class ship, which makes her an odd fit. For that reason, it makes sense to wonder about her long term prospects at Celebrity. Hopefully, she will remain in their fleet for at least a few more years.

When Royal Caribbean eventually decides to re-deploy Century, I'd like to see her find a new home at Azamara.

When I was on the Mercury at the Capt's Club party on my Oct cruise it was mentioned by the sales woman (can't remember her name or name of her position) that there was a POSSIBILITY that X would be returning to Balt in the future. She said they wouldn't know until this April. So maybe, just maybe for us east-coasters what you heard is true.

BTW, where did you hear this interesting rumor ... crew, pax?

When I was on the Mercury at the Capt's Club party on my Oct cruise it was mentioned by the sales woman (can't remember her name or name of her position) that there was a POSSIBILITY that X would be returning to Balt in the future. She said they wouldn't know until this April. So maybe, just maybe for us east-coasters what you heard is true.

BTW, where did you hear this interesting rumor ... crew, pax?

I heard it outside the sales office waiting for our appointment.

Archived