I need Mexico excursion ideas...

Greengirl

We're taking our four kids (G-15, B-13, B-10, B-5) on the Pride to Mexico.

Puerta Vallarta - Mazatlan - Cabo San Lucas

We don't want to go through Carnival - too expensive for a family of six. I though about horseback riding, but with a five year old? Can he ride one with me as long as we don't go over the weight limit? Any cool jungle tours/cruises appropriate with the little one? We don't really want to leave him on the ship if at all possible but we also don't want the older kids (or us!) to miss out on fun stuff too.

Oh yeah, my daughter is the only one of us into the whole "day at the beach" thing. The rest of us want to be pretty active.

PLEASE PLEASE help me!!!

Thank you so much!

We did this trip when my sons were 3 and my daughter was 12. Maz, we went horsebackriding and my sons rode in a cart behind us. Puerto Vallarta we went to SPLASH which is a mexican water park in Nuevo Vallarta (took a cab). This was a blast and cheap! Cabo we rented ATV's and my sons rode with us. It was a great trip!

We went to mexico with our 3 yr old. In Cabo we went whale watching and she loved it. Afterwards she wanted to go back to the kids center on ship, so we took her back and then we explored on our own. Mazatlan, to us, was very much like Tijuana.:confused:

They have one nice beach where we went parasailing but then when we went into the city it was a definite tourist trap. I would say, unless you are staying on the beach all day, you may want to get an organized excursion in Mazatlan or you'll end up disappointed. Puerto Vallarta was beautiful. we went snorkeling and then visited Lover's beach. Definitely Puerto Vallarta and Cabo san Lucas are the best ports.:D

Archived