Bring a Friend promotion, same reservation/cabin?

SpeedGeek

I was just re-reading the BaF promotion for a potential fall cruise with a bunch of newbies, and read this part:

Friend must be booked on same sailing as Member and may be booked in Member's or another stateroom.

I initially thought that the promotion only applied if your friend was booked in another cabin, but it looks like you can use your same reservation. So I've submitted a request to get 25$ for bringing my girlfriend on her first cruise... hopefully I read that right! :D

You are correct, you can claim a newbie in your room. I just did the same thing. I have learned a couple things from my process. The credit will only work if you booked your cruise after January 21, 2011 and you register your newbie on the RCI website by April 30th, 2011. The status of your credit will be "pending" until your final payment is received in full.

My payment isn't due until June 2011 so I wanted to make sure I didn't have to pay by the April date. RCI confirmed you just have to register by April 2011.

Sorry if that was overkill information.

I booked my brother on my upcoming majesty cruise within the correct timeframe. This was a last minute trip and final was due when we did the reservations. I applied for the $25 OBC. Didn't hear anything. Talked to C&A yesterday and they say my other OBC is on there ok but the referral OBC is still "Pending" ... wonder if it will show up?!?! I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks. Oh, and I also wonder if it's combinable ... I also have shareholder OBC.

You are correct, you can claim a newbie in your room. I just did the same thing. I have learned a couple things from my process. The credit will only work if you booked your cruise after January 21, 2011 and you register your newbie on the RCI website by April 30th, 2011. The status of your credit will be "pending" until your final payment is received in full.

My payment isn't due until June 2011 so I wanted to make sure I didn't have to pay by the April date. RCI confirmed you just have to register by April 2011.

Sorry if that was overkill information.

Not at all. That helps with the fact I'm going to try to get a group of friends on a 3 nighter this fall. Now what I'm curious about is if I can refer two cabins and my girlfriend refer two other cabins... basically if the requirements are based on your reservation or on your C&A membership... Probably the former but can't hurt to try right? :D

Archived