RCCL final payment

Does anyone know if after your final payment' date=' and there is a price drop, will you receive OBC? Had a price drop and received a lower final payment.[/quote']

Also, when we were booked for a Celebrity cruise, after the final payment the price dropped several times and we received quite a bit of OBC. Hope RCL does the same thing seeing as how they own Celebrity.

Does anyone know if after your final payment' date=' and there is a price drop, will you receive OBC? Had a price drop and received a lower final payment.[/quote']

Royal's price drop policy changed mid last year. No credit for drops after final payment if you booked after the policy change date, which I don't remember exactly.

Also' date=' when we were booked for a Celebrity cruise, after the final payment the price dropped several times and we received quite a bit of OBC. Hope RCL does the same thing seeing as how they own Celebrity.[/quote']

If you booked your cruise prior to May 17, 2010, then you are eligible for any/all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to departure. If the price is reduced prior to final payment then a cruise fare adjustment will be made. If it happens after final payment then an OBC will be issued.

If you booked on or after that date, then you are only eligible for price reductions up until final payment. After final payment, if a higher cabin category is priced the same as or lower than what you paid, then you can request an upgrade.

Even though RCCL owns both RCI and Celebrity they are operated under completely different policies. For example, RCI offers a balcony discount to their Crown & Anchor Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members..........Celebrity does not.

If you booked your cruise prior to May 17, 2010, then you are eligible for any/all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to departure. If the price is reduced prior to final payment then a cruise fare adjustment will be made. If it happens after final payment then an OBC will be issued.

If you booked on or after that date, then you are only eligible for price reductions up until final payment. After final payment, if a higher cabin category is priced the same as or lower than what you paid, then you can request an upgrade.

Even though RCCL owns both RCI and Celebrity they are operated under completely different policies. For example, RCI offers a balcony discount to their Crown & Anchor Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members..........Celebrity does not.

Thanks cruisienfever!

Patti, thanks for providing the details.

When you have a moment, please post the dates of some of the past policy changes. I'm going to record them this time. Some dates I don't have, and some I just want to confirm.

C&A extra credit for 12+ day cruise

C&A extra credit for JS+ stateroom

No combining balcony discount, shareholder, etc.

Combining allowed for booking on board + ( balcony discount or C&A coupon)

No price drop after final (5/17/2010)

60 limit to transfer to TA (10/18/2010?)

C&A transition to "cruise points" (1/21/2011)

There are probably other important policy change dates I haven't remembered, so please feel free to add to the list. Thanks.

Bob

Patti, thanks for providing the details.

When you have a moment, please post the dates of some of the past policy changes. I'm going to record them this time. Some dates I don't have, and some I just want to confirm.

C&A extra credit for 12+ day cruise

C&A extra credit for JS+ stateroom

No combining balcony discount, shareholder, etc.

Combining allowed for booking on board + ( balcony discount or C&A coupon)

There are probably other important policy change dates I haven't remembered, so please feel free to add to the list. Thanks.

Bob

1/1/2003 ~~ C&A extra credit for 12+ day cruise

1/1/2004 ~~ C&A extra credit for JS+ stateroom

12/31/2009 ~~No combining balcony discount, shareholder, etc.

6/1/2010 ~~ Combining allowed for booking on board + ( balcony discount or C&A coupon)

Then you have....

7/1/2008 ~~ C&A Savings Certificate could not be combined with other benefits.

12/31/2008 ~~ Combining Shareholder OBC is eliminated:mad:

9/1/2009 ~~ New Pricing Policy put into place where all price reductions were honored up until 72 hours prior to departure. (that didn't last long!!):mad:

1/12/2011 ~~ cut off date from when C&A actually did the transition from credits to points.

1/21/2011 ~~ Points took affect for all cruises departing after this date.

1/1/2003 ~~ C&A extra credit for 12+ day cruise

1/1/2004 ~~ C&A extra credit for JS+ stateroom

12/31/2009 ~~No combining balcony discount, shareholder, etc.

6/1/2010 ~~ Combining allowed for booking on board + ( balcony discount or C&A coupon)

Then you have....

7/1/2008 ~~ C&A Savings Certificate could not be combined with other benefits.

12/31/2008 ~~ Combining Shareholder OBC is eliminated:mad:

9/1/2009 ~~ New Pricing Policy put into place where all price reductions were honored up until 72 hours prior to departure. (that didn't last long!!):mad:

1/12/2011 ~~ cut off date from when C&A actually did the transition from credits to points.

1/21/2011 ~~ Points took affect for all cruises departing after this date.

Thanks a bunch for this. I've answered a few posts in the last few days where I gave all the info except the effective date, which is pretty important. I've recorded this now, so I promise not to bug you anymore!

Except one more question on your dates. You listed 12/31/2009 for no combining balcony discount, shareholder, etc. You also listed 12/31/2008 for Combining Shareholder OBC is eliminated. Is this a typo, or are these 2 different policy changes?

Bob

Thanks a bunch for this. I've answered a few posts in the last few days where I gave all the info except the effective date, which is pretty important. I've recorded this now, so I promise not to bug you anymore!

Except one more question on your dates. You listed 12/31/2009 for no combining balcony discount, shareholder, etc. You also listed 12/31/2008 for Combining Shareholder OBC is eliminated. Is this a typo, or are these 2 different policy changes?

Bob

Two different policies. They did away with the ability to combine Shareholder benefits before they did away with the ability to combine any benefit.

From Investor Relations Page..........

Combinability?

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off” promotions and savings certificates. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to investorrelations@rccl.com and a prompt response will be forthcoming.

Where did you find these rules? Final payment is due (we booked 6/09) and I want to make sure we will get a price adjustment up to the 72 hours when I call it in.

Two different policies. They did away with the ability to combine Shareholder benefits before they did away with the ability to combine any benefit.

From Investor Relations Page..........

Combinability?

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Benefit is not combinable with other onboard credit offers, general loyalty offers, “dollars off” promotions and savings certificates. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to investorrelations@rccl.com and a prompt response will be forthcoming.

OK, understood.

Thanks again.

Bob

Archived