Beer tasting on the Star?

luv2cruz62

Cannot find any info regarding the beer tasting on the Star. I think DH would like to partake. :D Any info on cost and how many/what kinds? Thanks!

Re: the Beer Clinic. On my Dawn cruise last fall, I thought I got great value for my $15 (+$2.25 service charge) investment. In addition to the 5 beers served (8 oz each - San Miguel, Kirin, Heineken, Newcastle Brown Ale, one other that I can't remember), the bar manager threw in popcorn, a Miller Lite T-Shirt for NFL opening week, a bar towel, a can cozy, a can opener, AND the Xtra-large NCL Dawn beer stein (1Liter?):D!

Re: the Beer Clinic. On my Dawn cruise last fall, I thought I got great value for my $15 (+$2.25 service charge) investment. In addition to the 5 beers served (8 oz each - San Miguel, Kirin, Heineken, Newcastle Brown Ale, one other that I can't remember), the bar manager threw in popcorn, a Miller Lite T-Shirt for NFL opening week, a bar towel, a can cozy, a can opener, AND the Xtra-large NCL Dawn beer stein (1Liter?):D!

Wow! That's a heck of a deal! :eek: I almost want to like beer for that one! lol Let's hope the Star has that same deal (or something similar!)

Where did you find that?? Is there a sign up at the beginning of the cruise??

There is another recent thread on the boards with the NCL Star Dailies from the MR 1/29/11 cruise. On the 2nd day of the cruise (Sunday) they had an NCL U: Beer & Food Pairing for $18. Other than that I didn't see anything specific about Beer tasting during the week. There was a pub crawl Sunday night, several wine tastings during the week and martini tastings. But I only found the one Beer activity.

Where did you find that?? Is there a sign up at the beginning of the cruise??

There were at least 1, if not 2, 'adult beverage' activities each day on the Dawn, especially the sea days. I went to a Wine Tasting (French wines) earlier in the week during the afternoon. They also had an Italian Wine Tasting, California wine tasting, several Martini Tastings, and Pub Crawls in addition to the Beer Clinics. DW & I went to a Trivia contest in the Pearly Kings Pub on board earlier in the cruise, and we caught the tail end of a beer clinic. The participants looked like they were having blast, especially after tasting 5 beers in an hour! When I saw a final Beer Clinic listed for our last sea day in the Freestyle Daily, I made a point to be there! I didn't sign up in advance, I just showed up a few minutes before the start. There were about 20 participants, and we all had a great time!

Archived