Reservation transfer

thistimeplease

I was working with a online TA for a NCL cruise to the Bahamas. Upon searching myself I found a great deal with another site. I gave my TA the info and she has been unable to match the price. With this being said she suggested that I book with the other TA and then transfer the reservation to her so we can get better onboard credits. This doesn't sound ethical and I'm afraid we could lose the original price with the other site. Have you heard of this?

I was working with a online TA for a NCL cruise to the Bahamas. Upon searching myself I found a great deal with another site. I gave my TA the info and she has been unable to match the price. With this being said she suggested that I book with the other TA and then transfer the reservation to her so we can get better onboard credits. This doesn't sound ethical and I'm afraid we could lose the original price with the other site. Have you heard of this?

Assuming you are able to cancel, then cancel the first one. Then call and book the other.

On the other hand, if you are trying to combine one booking price that does not include an OBC and one that does, it may not be doable. Understand the OBC is just a marketing scheme.

For example, one offer might be

$2,400 and no OBC

and the other offer is

$2,600 and $200 in OBC

With a simple calculation, you will see these are the same price. Now you see it, now you don't.

What about if I booked with NCL, then found an offer for the exact same price, same deck just not same area of ship, with an online TA, offering $50 obc more per cabin and a bottle of wine per cabin. I considered but worried it might be too much of a hassle. Any advice?

What about if I booked with NCL, then found an offer for the exact same price, same deck just not same area of ship, with an online TA, offering $50 obc more per cabin and a bottle of wine per cabin. I considered but worried it might be too much of a hassle. Any advice?

#1 - The "other area of the ship" may actually be a down (or up) grade in cabin category. It depends where the other room is. I wouldnt go from a mid ship cabin to one forward or aft. I like the more central location and since I get seasick, I prefer not to have the extra movement.

#2 - $50 and a bottle of wine valued at maybe $30 equates to $40 per person and for that price, personally, I would not change travel agents.

First thing, check out the online TA's change/cancellation policy. If there are no fees, then contact them and get in writing how much OBC, wine etc they would be willing to give you if you transfer your booking from NCL. If they offer more, and you transfer your booking you will keep the same booking, same cabin and any OBC from NCL in addition to any OBC the TA is offering. It is really easy to do. I just transferred two. It took NCL from Sunday until Tuesday to actually transfer my bookings, but the new TA had my new invoices to me on Tuesday.

Archived