Its true. Once you go balc you dont go back!

RAMSJUNKIE887

I have been in everything from a inside room to a grand suite. If it were just me and DH I could go with just a OV if money is tight. I have got to have my sunlight in the morning and love looking out the window to see if we are there yet. :)

The last couple of times we have cruised with our kids which include an energetic 11yr old and an almost 2 yr old. With the kids with us its balcony suite all the way (got to fit a pack n play in the room). The balcony is awesome for couple alone time at night and for DS DH and I to go out on when DD is trying to go asleep in the evening or nap. :D

For me, the hard thing to go back from is VIP boarding when you get a suite.

My 1st and 2nd cruises were inside. My 3rd cruise my BFF's wanted a balcony - so we got one...and on my cruise next week? A Ocean View...only because I was upgraded from an Inside....I will pay for an Inside ONLY! If they want to upgrade me to something better...I wont turn it down. So as to your question...I had a balcony and do prefer a inside more. I dont spend enough time in a cabin to enjoy the balcony...so the cheaper the better for me.

I'm gonna join the Balcony snob club...

On my first cruise I wanted an OV, and DH used that "you don't spend any time in your room" line, and we did an inside. On the Valor this last year he surprised me BIG TIME with a balcony, which became a Ocean Suite... and I don't think I'll ever go back to the inside again unless it's a short 3 or 4 day cruise. We also only can cruise once a year or so because of schedules and when we do it, we are going to do it right...

I really like being able to step outside the door of my cabin and see the ocean and sit and enjoy the sounds and sights. Pulling into port in the early morning, or sitting on the balcony at night...

I'm just not a fan of huge crowds... and the Lido deck is always a big madhouse IMO. Chair hogs, and people, and stuff going on. I guess I just prefer the tranquil peace of being on my own balcony. I'm not sure I could ever go back now. After our Liberty cruise I want to book on the Legend for 2012, and I'm EXCITED for the Vista Aft Wrap!!!!

Most people who say they don't pay for a balcony because "you don't spend any time in your room anyway except to sleep". Well, you'd spend allot more time in your room if you had a balcony!:)

I was going to say the exact same thing! We would never cruise unless we had a balcony, we're quality vs. quantity. We really enjoy early mornings, late nights, and coming in/out of ports whilst on our balcony. They (Balconies) are just so romantic!:)

On our last cruise on the Sensation the wife and I booked one of the new extended balcony's (the ocean view rooms converted to a balcony) up until then it was always ocean view. We will NEVER go back to a regular room. Once converted, there is no turning back!;)

O ya before we sailed we got the upgrade call to a cat 12 (GS Suite) we took it. Now that was nice:D

This is a Picture from the bed...

size3.jpg

i never understood the concept of people paying for crap accomodations just to save a buck, and then feel the need to run from the room because it's so bad.

we loves a balcony or suite, and enjoy our room as part of the vacation.

i even hates a land vacation where even the bathroom doesn't have a window.

Its worked for me ....

I get to take 2 cruises a year rather than paying for one bolcony.......I love the sea....so I get up early 5am go up to the open deck and soak it in..........why give up another cruise to take an elevator for that.............

Will never go back.......not ever in the room awake along enough for it to be an issue............

Question:

On Carnival Glory .. if we have 2 Balcony Rooms (standard balcony) next to each other, can it be opened up in the middle to make it one long balcony?

or is there a door in-between, or what?

Thanks in advance :)

Yes... no problem. Ask your room steward as soon as you see him/her. We also asked at Guest Services to make sure we were double covered. But really, you only have to sign up at Guest Services for Spirit class ships, and the Glory is not a Spirit class. An extra long balcony is wonderful!

I guess I may be a balcony snob. But, have had an OV and IS. OV was our first cruise on Fantasy in 2007. Loved it. Then we did a Balcony on Conquest. WOW. But, on a spur of a moment cruise, choose an Inside cabin, without an upper for 3 of us. Had a mattress on the floor. But, I choose the inside wisely. V8 on Fantasy. Walk out the cabin door, turn right, through a door and I got the biggest balcony on the ship. Loved it.

I have also looked at 4J's, (being changed to 6J's???) on bigger ships. They also have the wonderful "secret" area so many have spoke of.

So I guess I need a "balcony", just manage not to pay for it all the time.

My first cruise was an inside and I hated it (cabin), but loved the experience. My second was an ov and that was really nice. For our 3rd cruise we sprung for a balcony because it was our honeymoon. Since then we have only ever booked balconies (except for 1 more because it was a Fantasy class and didn't want to pay for a suite). It's so worth the extra money. It's great to get up early morning and sit on your balcony in your robe sipping coffee, eating a croissant, and having quiet conversations with your loved one. Pulling into port and watching the happenings below, sailing off, propping the door open and listening to the waves-ah...

Well I cxan see both points of view but we have to have at least a suite.

We work hard and like to enjoy our vactions and its a time to pamper ourselfs .

I am the type of person who does wake up early and go up on deck get some coffee and have a seat and then wish good morning to maybe a few hundred folks and after a while get some coffee and take to the wife down in the room and have a seat outside while she gets ready .

You can say the room does not matter buy to me it does when you have a great room you do not mind a little down time and maybe grab a nap or just have the door open and hear the sound of the sea .

I am on vaction and sometimes just don't want to fight for a deck chair in the sun to read a book and I really don't want to stay up all night because I dislike being in my room .

We where going to cruise in oct for our 25th but decided to go in august so the kids could come (dd 22 and dd 12) they will get a balc next to our suite as last time they had a inside across from us and that was the 1st time we saw just how small that shower that was the butt of all the jokes really was :) and how dark the room was all the time .

We were upgraded to a suite from a balcony on an early cruise on RCCL....was sweet! Our next cruise we booked one, but won't do it again was not worth what RCCL charged. We LOVE the balcony, like feeling the weather before we venture out, we have our coffee delivered in the mornings and enjoy relaxing out there with it. Also when either of us is showering and getting dressed it's much more enjoyable to wait on the balcony then in the room.

First cruise we had a lanai (found on HAL), then ocen view(NCL) then a balcony( Disney), Junior suite (RCCL), followed by a minisuite/balcony (Princess). I liked the lanai best. We had the Promenade deck wrapped around the outside right out your door. DH hated the lanai because of privacy issues. Balcony is a compromise for us. Ocean view is acceptable. I'm a little fearful of an inside. Seems a little claustrophobic:eek:

Well I cxan see both points of view but we have to have at least a suite.

We work hard and like to enjoy our vactions and its a time to pamper ourselfs .

I am the type of person who does wake up early and go up on deck get some coffee and have a seat and then wish good morning to maybe a few hundred folks and after a while get some coffee and take to the wife down in the room and have a seat outside while she gets ready .

You can say the room does not matter buy to me it does when you have a great room you do not mind a little down time and maybe grab a nap or just have the door open and hear the sound of the sea .

I am on vaction and sometimes just don't want to fight for a deck chair in the sun to read a book and I really don't want to stay up all night because I dislike being in my room .

We where going to cruise in oct for our 25th but decided to go in august so the kids could come (dd 22 and dd 12) they will get a balc next to our suite as last time they had a inside across from us and that was the 1st time we saw just how small that shower that was the butt of all the jokes really was :) and how dark the room was all the time .

I couldn't agree with you more. With limited time to get away on vacation our opinion is to enjoy the best we can and for us it's a suite. I never have to fight for a deck chair. If we're not interested in the activities on board we have our suite to retreat. I love having coffee on the deck in the morning and having a drink on the deck before dinner. I deal with enough crowds in my daily life so the suite allows me to escape to peace and quiet if we want. For those who like inside cabins I say great, I applaud you, but it's not my cup of tea.

Rick

We did an inside on our 1st cruise and a balcony on 2nd cruise, Our 3rd cruise we have booked for june this year is back in a inside stateroom!

Not sure how we will find this, Only time will tell. The price differnce to a balcony was just to much for us this year.

We did an inside on our 1st cruise and a balcony on 2nd cruise, Our 3rd cruise we have booked for june this year is back in a inside stateroom!

Not sure how we will find this, Only time will tell. The price differnce to a balcony was just to much for us this year.

After having a balcolny I would still do an inside cabin if I had too but I would not be happy about it. I'm sure I would still enjoy the cruise but it would be a 3 star cruise instead of a 5 star cruise.

I have a question, does anyone know if the OV cabins on the Carnival Legend have a sofa in them like the Balcony Cabins have or is there just a small chair and table. We are wanting to book for the Halloween cruise again this year. We were on the Legend last Halloween 2010, but were in a Balcony. LOVED IT!!!!!, but because of money this year were are looking at the OV on the Riviera deck. Looking at the picture they are set up the same as a Balcony, just with a window instead of door. I know that inside cabins just have a small chair and are not as roomy as a Balcony.

Anyway, Thanks for the help that you can give me.

After having a balcolny I would still do an inside cabin if I had too but I would not be happy about it. I'm sure I would still enjoy the cruise but it would be a 3 star cruise instead of a 5 star cruise.

I must admit it did make the cruise! We have 2 kids so we are out and about alot, This time both kids are old enough to go the kids club, Meaning we would have more time to relax and enjoy a balcony.

Maybe i should ring up and find out how much to upgrade :rolleyes:

Inside, outside, We would make the most of it!!!

Our first cruise was in a 9C aft wrap on the Dream on the 6th deck. This cruise we tried to do an aft wrap on a higher deck but eventually went back down to the 6th deck but we are on the starboard side this time. My name is Bud and I have an aft wrap addiction!:D

Archived