"Island Bliss Weddings"

atmmegs

Hi guys-

Has anyone used Island Bliss Weddings? From the sites I've seen...they seem to be the best price wise and also have beautiful weddings from what I can see.

Please give me your thoughts and if there is any other person that someone has used, please let me know.

THANKS!!!:)

I didn't use them but in hindsight I wish I had known about them before I was married! If you do a search for Island Bliss on here you will see everyone who has used them has loved them (at least all the reviews I have read on here in the last year plus)

I'll be able to give you a review based on her in November... but so far, Janelle has been an amazing co-ordinator. She responds so quickly and doesn't mind the 1000 questions I always ask. She reassures me (we are having a shockingly large group of people cruise with us - now 90, and counting, whereas we only expected 40-50 and picked Lindquist Beach which really only fits 40 chairs based on that - and we don't wanna change beaches!) and she is soooooo sweet! She also has a blog and updates her Shutterfly album all the time. I highly recommend her, and you can't beat her amazing prices!

On another note, I'd also recommend Elisha Orin photography. We lucked out by having my brothers photographer approach us and ask about coming for not much more than Elisha would have charged including travel, but we were thisclose to booking Elisha!

Hi there

we are coming up for our first anniversary:D its gone so quick! But we used Janelle/Island bliss weddings and we had an absolutely amazing wedding with no problems. Very organised, good prompt replies to emails, accurate info given re paperwork, followed all 'instructions' etc. We had a very small wedding on Lindquist beach which was amazing but she was very organised. We ordered bubbly through her and non alcoholic cider for the kids, she sorted speakers for our ipod, we booked a photographer through her (very basic cheap package where we got the disc) (Brooke was her name) and she was great.

And also she was very friendly and her husband Stuart did our service. Considering we had only met him when he picked us up off the ship he was amazing - we had a really personal service and he made it really special.

I honestly cant say enough good things about them. We live in Scotland and here we dont really 'do' wedding planners (unless very rich!!) and I was a bit worried re it all initially!! Oh, she also arranged transport for guests to beach and then for us all to the beach (magens bay) for after the wedding.

She has a facebook page also which has lots of pics of lovely big weddings and lovely intimate weddings!

Ok, think you realise now that I recommend her!!!

Jackie

ps I have previously posted a few pics and a wee review on other threads if you need any other info!

Jackie thank you so much for the info!! I am going to go with Janelle based off of the reviews on here, plus her quick and sweet responses! I'm between the garden bontanic and lymes (I believe is how it's spelled) beach.

Did you go on a cruise or just fly there directly?

Hi there

we are coming up for our first anniversary:D its gone so quick! But we used Janelle/Island bliss weddings and we had an absolutely amazing wedding with no problems. Very organised, good prompt replies to emails, accurate info given re paperwork, followed all 'instructions' etc. We had a very small wedding on Lindquist beach which was amazing but she was very organised. We ordered bubbly through her and non alcoholic cider for the kids, she sorted speakers for our ipod, we booked a photographer through her (very basic cheap package where we got the disc) (Brooke was her name) and she was great.

And also she was very friendly and her husband Stuart did our service. Considering we had only met him when he picked us up off the ship he was amazing - we had a really personal service and he made it really special.

I honestly cant say enough good things about them. We live in Scotland and here we dont really 'do' wedding planners (unless very rich!!) and I was a bit worried re it all initially!! Oh, she also arranged transport for guests to beach and then for us all to the beach (magens bay) for after the wedding.

She has a facebook page also which has lots of pics of lovely big weddings and lovely intimate weddings!

Ok, think you realise now that I recommend her!!!

Jackie

ps I have previously posted a few pics and a wee review on other threads if you need any other info!

Hi again!

Glad you booked her as she is really genuine. We were on Freedom of the Seas and also had a week in Orlando after our cruise! We loved it so much we are counting down to returning in less than 40 days!

Enjoy the planning!

Jackie

ps - we had a very small wedding but if I can help with anything just ask!:D

Do Island Bliss also help with the cake ordering as well?

I think she probably could, but my understanding is with it being on the beach it is not often done. If you were having a reception, in a restaurant or somewhere, and I know it's just the two of you...then it would be at the reception site. We are doing the toast & will order a little cake for dinner that night. Shelly

Do Island Bliss also help with the cake ordering as well?

Some of Island Bliss's packages do include a cake. If you see any of the pictures, they often do a champagne toast and cake cutting at the ceremony site. Janelle told me if we didn't want to have the cake at the ceremony, they would deliver it to a reception site.

getting ready to book island bliss for our sept 14th wedding in St. Thomas. leaning towards Brewer's Bay as it seems less built-up and crowded. . . now just trying to decide what to wear. 2nd wedding for each of us so we're thinking casual--hawaiian shirt and shorts for him, a simple calf-length white dress for me (which I can fit into after another 15 pound loss!). . .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived