a bit confused about rci ov guarantee

okay so i was minding my own business today and checked on my booking dashboard and saw that we were assigned #2504. not thrilling, but what the heck, i'll be cruising.

BUT then i checked again and noticed that i now have a negative balance? i had paid in full so this was confusing. i went online and see that prices for many cabins have dropped - i could get a higher category cabin for the same price that i originally paid.

i'm assuming that 'negative balance' will be given to me in the form of an obc, am i correct there? also - one our cabin has been assigned, is there any more chance of an upgrade? should i call and see if i can get one of the better cabins, or wait and see? i'm not familiar with rci's process - last two times i sailed ccl we had agents on the inside as it were who hooked us up with stellar pricing. since i'm paying more than i'd like for a 4 day cruise as it is, i'd like to get the best i can for my money, you know? any advice would be appreciated - we sail in 33 days :D

Archived