Star Gazing ??

WATB

Hi all, I've just read that Celebrity hold a Star Gazing class (?) on some nights at sea...........has anyone ever heard of P&O doing that ? This is something my hubby would love to do ! He is a closet geek :D

Hi all, I've just read that Celebrity hold a Star Gazing class (?) on some nights at sea...........has anyone ever heard of P&O doing that ? This is something my hubby would love to do ! He is a closet geek :D

I know on OV the 2nd officer - Navigation often did a night session on deck on how to navigate by the stars. Was very interesting. As most of the officers moved to P&O ships he should be around somewhere..

Thanks Craig, that's really encouraging to know :) I really hope that he gets the chance to do this......I sort of talked him in to doing this cruise so want to make sure he enjoys it.........he is beginning to make the right noises so every little thing will help ;)

Leon is the ultimate expert.

He did quite a few star gazing nights, especially when on our world cruise and he is just as expert in the Southern hemispere as in the Northern hemisphere.

On other cruises, where it has not been possible to quell the bridge lights and be up on the deck, usually inaccessible to passengers, he has given illiminating talks in the theatre. Not to be missed.

He has met Patrick Moore many times, that is how much of an expert he is.

He is very talented in all respects, the best cruise director that we have encountered on our many P&O cruises, ever. Wish he was on every one that we do.

Don't think that he can be outdone by any new fangled Apps. Does an Apps answer questions, excpet proscribed ones??

Hi There

If you have a suitable phone (IPhone or HTC Desire for example) Then download and APP called Google Sky map, Its a brilliant map of the stars, you just point the phone up at the sky and it shows you exactly what stars planets and constellations you are looking at

Great fun

Apple refuse to support most google apps... :(

Brilliant :)

Oh I really hope he's on our cruise.....and I hope that he will do a talk or class. I did wonder if it would be dark early enough as we're heading for longer days when we go on our cruise.

We don't have a techy phone which is a shame as that would have been fun too......< in awe of technology of today !!> He's got a book and me standing over it with a torch...........not quite the same, I'm sure :D

Archived