How to Apply for CCL Shareholder Credit or Military Credit

BridgeMates

Liza was promoted and no longer handles the shareholder obc requests. Here is the link to the instructions. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9ODQyMTd8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

You might want to show a little patience. I think they say to allow up to two weeks for processing. Also, repeating your request after 4 minutes seems unreasonable.

I think I read awhile back where you can use email to apply for these credits, but I can't find it.

Please give me details on exactly what I have to do. I will definitely Save the info this time!

Thanks for your help.

Bridgemate for the military credit I filled out the PDF form online and saved it, made a copy of the required documentation and saved it.

I then sent an email to militarybenefit@princesscruises.com with the above items as attachments. They approved it and sent an email back in 4 days

Regards

Pete

It is my understanding that Princess is attempting to faciliate application of the military and shareholder benefits. However, after a year, IMHO, they have sorely FAILED! :mad:

So, here's my latest experience:

Firstly, there is no acknowledgement of receipt of request. I'm not asking for much, just a simple auto-reply to acknowledge that my request has been received and it is being processed. That alone would put my mind at ease knowing that it's been received. BUT, NO, that would be too hard to do.

So, I'm sitting here....WAITING, not knowing whether or not they have received my request. So, I decided to call Princess and the representative would not do anything because it has not been 14 days (it has only been 6 days). Because I will be leaving on the trip in a day, I insisted on speaking with someone who can let me know that they have received it, at the very least.

The VERY RUDE representative was about to comment that I should've summitted my request earlier until she noticed I had just booked the cruise 4 days before submitting my request. She tried to assure me that I would get a confirmation email in which I told her that I had submitted a request THREE TIMES in the past for SIX bookings under their "NEW" system and have only gotten a confirmation email ONCE!! Each time, I had to call Princess to verify that my credit has been applied.

FINALLY, she transferred me to customer relations and the kind lady called up the shareholder department and said they have received it and is being processed.

Apparently, the first lady is new and is totally inexperienced. I told her that we book cruises last minute so does that mean if I book a cruise a week before sailing, I would lose out on my shareholder benefit? She flat out said YES....LIAR!! :mad: I asked the customer relations lady and she said that if I do book late, I should submit my shareholder request immediately and then call and follow up (I guess so they can expedite it). She said that they will definitely "work something out". Now, THAT is customer service!! ;)

Anyhow, long story short, if you book last minute, there's still hope to get your shareholder credits.

Does anyone else have problems with getting confirmation for request of shareholder credits? I will definitely be writing to Princess VERY soon and hopefully they can improve their system.

New Question: If two people each own 100 shares of stock, can they each get the shareholder obc? I have two girlfriends who have booked their cruise and they're asking me! I think I read that it's only one per cabin. Let me know and I'll pass it on to my friends.

Thanks.

New Question: If two people each own 100 shares of stock, can they each get the shareholder obc? I have two girlfriends who have booked their cruise and they're asking me! I think I read that it's only one per cabin. Let me know and I'll pass it on to my friends.

Thanks.

It is limited to ONE shareholder OBC per cabin, so your girl friends will have to fight for it!! :D JK

They can only credit to one account, so your girl friends will have to decide who will receive the credit. Then, I guess it will be up to them how to split it! :)

Thanks.

The shareholder obc benefit is one per cabin. If both your friends apply for it, they will each get half of the benefit.

Wow, 2 red angry faces in one post. I am sorry you had such a bad experience and I can imagine that you were frustrated. I hope this does not put a damper on your wonderful trip. Princess should train their reps to say they will check things out if they are uncertain.

However, I want to say for others who may not be familiar with Princess that usually this process goes very smooth. I have requested this military OBC for the last three cruises and I have received a notice back from them within 10 days. And I find Princess to be accommodating in most every way.

Bon Voyage. :):):)

It is my understanding that Princess is attempting to faciliate application of the military and shareholder benefits. However, after a year, IMHO, they have sorely FAILED! :mad:

Firstly, there is no acknowledgement of receipt of request. I'm not asking for much, just a simple auto-reply to acknowledge that my request has been received and it is being processed. That alone would put my mind at ease knowing that it's been received. BUT, NO, that would be too hard to do.

So, I'm sitting here....WAITING, not knowing whether or not they have received my request. So, I decided to call Princess and the representative would not do anything because it has not been 14 days (it has only been 6 days). Because I will be leaving on the trip in a day, I insisted on speaking with someone who can let me know that they have received it, at the very least.

The VERY RUDE representative was about to comment that I should've summitted my request earlier until she noticed I had just booked the cruise 4 days before submitting my request. She tried to assure me that I would get a confirmation email in which I told her that I had submitted a request THREE TIMES in the past for SIX bookings under their "NEW" system and have only gotten a confirmation email ONCE!! Each time, I had to call Princess to verify that my credit has been applied.

FINALLY, she transferred me to customer relations and the kind lady called up the shareholder department and said they have received it and is being processed.

Apparently, the first lady is new and is totally inexperienced. I told her that we book cruises last minute so does that mean if I book a cruise a week before sailing, I would lose out on my shareholder benefit? She flat out said YES....LIAR!! :mad: I asked the customer relations lady and she said that if I do book late, I should submit my shareholder request immediately and then call and follow up (I guess so they can expedite it). She said that they will definitely "work something out". Now, THAT is customer service!! ;)

Anyhow, long story short, if you book last minute, there's still hope to get your shareholder credits.

Does anyone else have problems with getting confirmation for request of shareholder credits? I will definitely be writing to Princess VERY soon and hopefully they can improve their system.

So do I but you, allegedly, had a copy of the form with the correct number. Just wwondered if you figured out how to scan, save and attach it?

LOL. Gave up on the scanning/fax. I forgot all about it. Have been doing the faxing for years with good result. Why stop now?

So do I but you, allegedly, had a copy of the form with the correct number. Just wwondered if you figured out how to scan, save and attach it?

Betterthanworking

When I have scanned something in the past, and still do I have to option via the scanning software to save it as a file of some sorts. I normally have selected a PDF format. So I would call it Credit.pdf or what ever.

Then go to my email, which is outlook and attach that file credit.pdf to the email and off it goes

Is this what you were asking

Pete

We are doing B2B2B starting in Oct 2011. I emailed my PDF Stockholder Brokerage Statement last Friday for just my "First Cruise" having decided to email one at a time for the B2B2B as I receive OBC approval.

Guess What? I received "3" emails today (Thursday) from the Stockholder Benefits confirming OBC for each of my B2B2B while my email was a request for only the first one. This is service beyond expectation.

We are doing B2B2B starting in Oct 2011. I emailed my PDF Stockholder Brokerage Statement last Friday for just my "First Cruise" having decided to email one at a time for the B2B2B as I receive OBC approval.

Guess What? I received "3" emails today (Thursday) from the Stockholder Benefits confirming OBC for each of my B2B2B while my email was a request for only the first one. This is service beyond expectation.

Outstanding they have read your mind

The three bookings are probably linked and the person handling it noticed and just did all three.

LOL. Gave up on the scanning/fax. I forgot all about it. Have been doing the faxing for years with good result. Why stop now?

PIA, you are not listening . You were going to scan a copy of the correct form woth the correct fax number and post it here so all could have a copy of it. Whether I fax or email has nothing to do with it!!

PIA, you are not listening . You were going to scan a copy of the correct form woth the correct fax number and post it here so all could have a copy of it. Whether I fax or email has nothing to do with it!!

The request form is on Princess's web site in pdf format.

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/additional_faq/military_program.jsp

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

I am not even a shareholder and I was frustrated reading this thread. This is from the Carnival site. It has all the info on obtaining your shareholder OBC for all of the Carnival companies, with emails, fax numbers & instructions. Hope this helps.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9ODQyMTd8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

Do they need a copy of the application form for the non-military OBC, just the shareholders OBC? I just emailed my brokers statement showing shares ownership to them with the booking locator and I had a receipt to say they had received it. How long do they take to actually apply the OBC?

I am listening. I can't scan. Doesn't work for me. The fax numbers I listed are correct.

Shareholder: 661-753-0180

Military: 661-753-1394

Archived