TA selling assigned cabins for same price as Guar pricing on Royals site...how so???

bajathree

This is a new one to me. Royal put out some balcony GUAR specials on some Oasis and Allure sailings. It's a highly discounted rate from regular balcony pricing and is listed as a Cat X Guar. What is interesting is that on my roll call people are saying that they were able to book with this TA and yet choose an asigned cabin even though the rate is being advertised as a balcony guar special.....what gives with that:confused:...thought no TA's are allowed special treatment or price advantage.

This is a new one to me. Royal put out some balcony GUAR specials on some Oasis and Allure sailings. It's a highly discounted rate from regular balcony pricing and is listed as a Cat X Guar. What is interesting is that on my roll call people are saying that they were able to book with this TA and yet choose an asigned cabin even though the rate is being advertised as a balcony guar special.....what gives with that:confused:...thought no TA's are allowed special treatment or price advantage.

because the TA held a bunch of cabins long ago when rates were lower. Chances are the TA is selling the cabins for more than they cost them to begin with.

because the TA held a bunch of cabins long ago when rates were lower. Chances are the TA is selling the cabins for more than they cost them to begin with.

Not so...I have been following this sailing for months and months....pricing was never anywhere as low as this guar X pricing....$1049 for a balcony on a June sailing, tell me when you ever saw that for Oasis....prices have been slashed on this sailing just in the last month....prior balcony cabin pricing on the sailing was always over $1600/pp

Care to list those cruise dates and the GTY rate? I am looking for something to take my daughter on for her 30th birthday. ;)

Editing to say: Saw that we posted about the same time. Thanks for the above. Too late for me. I wanted spring rates.

PS - I bet that balcony GTY is for the inside balconies overlooking the atrium. Seems those are selling slowly.

Not so...I have been following this sailing for months and months....pricing was never anywhere as low as this guar X pricing....$1049 for a balcony on a June sailing, tell me when you ever saw that for Oasis....prices have been slashed on this sailing just in the last month....prior balcony cabin pricing on the sailing was always over $1600/pp

Geez, relax. I suggested a way it can and does happen.

Care to list those cruise dates and the GTY rate? I am looking for something to take my daughter on for her 30th birthday. ;)

June 4th Oasis Eastern Cat X balcony guar $1049/pp is the one that I am specifcally talking about though I believe that the other dates were both Western Oasis sailings...May 14th and June 11th I believe...the rate on those 2 I believe was less.

Geez, relax. I suggested a way it can and does happen.

I didn't mean it in a negative way:)...I just know all about group bookings and know very well how they work and wouldn't have posted this question if I thought it was simply that......that's all I meant;)

That makes sense. Just wish I could find a TA that has group rates like that. ;)

Steve -- maybe that is why she is having problems booking her entertainment stuff too???

That makes sense. Just wish I could find a TA that has group rates like that. ;)

Steve -- maybe that is why she is having problems booking her entertainment stuff too???

Yea, something just seems odd...unless Royal made some deal and sold off a bunch of actual cabins in a specific category to the TA at the guar price....I guess anything is possible but that would go against their own pricing guideline for TA's.

We booked that June 11th balcony. It also came with some other benefits that probably came out to $300 "RC Dollars".

It was a D7 Guarantee cabin. We were assigned a cabin within a day. Compare that to our HAL guarantee where we were not assigned until 10 days out.

We booked that June 11th balcony. It also came with some other benefits that probably came out to $300 "RC Dollars".

It was a D7 Guarantee cabin. We were assigned a cabin within a day. Compare that to our HAL guarantee where we were not assigned until 10 days out.

WOW...they really lowered the pricing on that 6/11 sailing....Royal now has about half of all balcony cats priced the same as what the balcony guar special is:eek:

If the TA grabbed some cabins when the bookings first came out they may have gotten that price.

I am booked on the Allure Holiday Cruise (12/18-12/25/11) for $729pp (Cat L) and my mom's cabin is a D8 for $949 because the group was created the day those sailings opened. The prices now are way up there!

OK....this is getting real weird...I was just looking at June 11th Oasis pricing and they just had half of their balcony cats priced at the same as the balcony guar special...this included D7, D6 ,D5 , C2, B2....just saw them all priced at the $1898/2 price....then 2 minutes later the price code is changed and they are all back up again:confused:....now I am starting to understand why people are saying they are getting assigned cabins for the same price of that balcony guar cat X special....I just saw it happen myself:rolleyes:

OK....so I just got off the phone with Royal and explained that it seems that an on-line agency is selling that Cat X balcony Guar at the $1049 rate for Oasis 6/4 and assigning cabins at the same time. Well guys...they looked into it and to the :eek: of the agent it's true....seems like Royal cut a deal with and gave them a large block of cabins at that price...amazing:rolleyes:...and it's NOT just central park and boardwalks either....it's even ocean view balconies.

OK....so I just got off the phone with Royal and explained that it seems that an on-line agency is selling that Cat X balcony Guar at the $1049 rate for Oasis 6/4 and assigning cabins at the same time. Well guys...they looked into it and to the :eek: of the agent it's true....seems like Royal cut a deal with and gave them a large block of cabins at that price...amazing:rolleyes:...and it's NOT just central park and boardwalks either....it's even ocean view balconies.

This is true. I booked with this agency for my May 14th cruise. 899 balcony gua. When I was on the phone they asked if I like an oceanview or a Central Park view. I said ocean, 5 days later I was assigned a D5 deck 7 mid.

Great deal.

This is true. I booked with this agency for my May 14th cruise. 899 balcony gua. When I was on the phone they asked if I like an oceanview or a Central Park view. I said ocean, 5 days later I was assigned a D5 deck 7 mid.

Great deal.

Thank you for further confirmation on this.

So much for laying down a fair playing field:rolleyes:

Archived