Dawn new SF category (old romance suite)

susanrobert

Hi, I need some help. We are torn between 2 cabins on deck 10, 10726 or 10728. 10726 is the end cabin. 10728 is next to it. Cabin 10728 is slightly bigger and the balcony is 20' larger than the one on the end. Which would you choose and why??

Many thanks for your help.

We sailed on the Dawn in the old Romance Suite (used to be AD) back in 2009 and LOVED it! It was wonderful in the aft, with the large balcony. I wish we could go back to that suite, but now with a baby, NCL says no...

We sailed on the Dawn in the old Romance Suite (used to be AD) back in 2009 and LOVED it! It was wonderful in the aft, with the large balcony. I wish we could go back to that suite, but now with a baby, NCL says no...

Actually.....NCL has changed this as they have added sleeper sofas in them now and can book them with 4!!! You have to look a few months ahead, not sure when the change actually starts but the description says 2 still but can book with 4.

Hi, I need some help. We are torn between 2 cabins on deck 10, 10726 or 10728. 10726 is the end cabin. 10728 is next to it. Cabin 10728 is slightly bigger and the balcony is 20' larger than the one on the end. Which would you choose and why??

Many thanks for your help.

We were in 10728 on our honeymoon in May - we LOVED it! Here are a few pics you can take a look at:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=43659905&l=289cf8b9fe&id=11810149

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=43659906&l=4477bcf873&id=11810149

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=43659907&l=4d8774e5ea&id=11810149

It's a great suite - you'll love it! The balcony was huge. Definitely an enjoyable cruise!

We were in 10728 on our honeymoon in May - we LOVED it! Here are a few pics you can take a look at:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=43659905&l=289cf8b9fe&id=11810149

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=43659906&l=4477bcf873&id=11810149

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=43659907&l=4d8774e5ea&id=11810149

It's a great suite - you'll love it! The balcony was huge. Definitely an enjoyable cruise!

Thank you so much for posting those pictures!! The cabin and balcony look great. Can't wait to sail. We just upgraded from a mini suite to this cabin. I was also looking at the one next door because it's on the end and I'm wondering if it's any better.

Actually.....NCL has changed this as they have added sleeper sofas in them now and can book them with 4!!! You have to look a few months ahead, not sure when the change actually starts but the description says 2 still but can book with 4.

We were wonderfully suprised to find that out for our 2012 sailing. I always sailed in the AB when we had our DS with us. Its great now we can go back to our Aft suite, and the money we saved will pay for airfare!

Have a wonderful time. And don't forget to come back and tell us how it was!! Maybe with some photos? :p

yes, I would love to see some pics... as I am sailing first time in a penthouse in cabin 10726..... can't wait to hear the good and the bad... like to have a balance...

lisa

Did I make a mistake? I booked 10226 because it is on the end. How much bigger are the middle SF suites and is the balcony really 20' (sq ft?) larger? :confused:

Cruise is still a long way off so all 3 others are available if I wanted to switch.

Did I make a mistake? I booked 10226 because it is on the end. How much bigger are the middle SF suites and is the balcony really 20' (sq ft?) larger? :confused:

Cruise is still a long way off so all 3 others are available if I wanted to switch.

I booked 10728 which is in the middle. I'm trying to figure out if I made the right choice or if the end is better. According to what NCL told me the balcony on the end cabin is 93' and the middle is 123'. The cabin size is 288' for the end and 290' for the middle.

But, I thought I read somewhere on here that if you have the end balcony you can gain access to the area on the other side of your balcony which sort of wraps around the end of the ship.

Either way, it looks like they are great cabins. But, being that they were both available I want to see if anyone who has had them has an opinion on which is better.

We're in 10726 from April 22nd out of Miami.

When we booked (it was still a romance suite) the plan showed the balcony wrapping round the side of the ship, and I have seen a photo of such a balcony on these boards, but the plan on the NCL site has changed.

Either way we're looking forward to it, and will report back after the trip, although as the Dawn goes straight to dry-dock after our cruise any review I write might not be that relevant.

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked cabin number 9232 today for next year. Should I have opted for deck 10? Are the balconies larger on deck 10 vs. deck 9 ?

If you're going on the Dawn, yes, deck 10 balconies are much larger than deck 9.

Archived