Cabin size

coachdriver5

We are going on our 1st ever cruise on the Island Escape on April 1st. 3 adults and 1 child (all quite big) was this a good idea. would two cabins have been better.

In a word, yes.:):)

Thanks, Let you know all about it after the cruise.:):):)

Not the same ship of course but we were given a 4 berth for the 2 of us on the Celebration. Pull down bunks come quite low over the bottom one so if I were you I'd grab the top one quick, lol, a bit claustrophobic. Think of a touring caravan for the layout, size of the cabin and ingenious storage compartments. Also, check under the bottom bed for a pull-out storage box. There might not be one there but they're easily missed so it's always worth checking. Perhaps you could organize a shift system for the bathroom, lol. Good luck.:):)

Jan

We are going on our 1st ever cruise on the Island Escape on April 1st. 3 adults and 1 child (all quite big) was this a good idea. would two cabins have been better.

We have done ocean village perviously, I believe cabins were larger than Island Escape cabins with 2 adults and 1 child ( aged 10 at the time), it was just manageable. Now 2 years on & booking IE, think really need more space so following advise went for Deluxe cabim. Maybe you can consider that?!

T

We have done ocean village perviously, I believe cabins were larger than Island Escape cabins with 2 adults and 1 child ( aged 10 at the time), it was just manageable. Now 2 years on & booking IE, think really need more space so following advise went for Deluxe cabim. Maybe you can consider that?!

T

Good thinking Ted. There's a sofa bed in those I think, better than bunks if there is.

Takes me back to my camping days with the kids. Thank god they've grown up, lol. Murder was nearly committed on several occasons.:D:D:D

Jan

Thanks, Let you know all about it after the cruise.:):):)

Don't know how they compare, but we had 4 berth cabins on Celebration & Spirit for the past 2 years with 2 adults and 2 children (but nearing adult size!) and we coped absolutely fine !! You are not in your cabin for much of the time anyway!!

Agree with Steven, just sleep wash etc. The only difficulty might be the logistics of getting 4 people through the shower when getting ready for the evening or in the morning.

Berwyn

Wow!! Berwyn good to hear from you. :D Did you realize how worried we have all been. :eek:

Agree with you about the cabin - the bathroom would be the problem. Saying that the 3 of us managed and that was for 2 weeks!! :) Mo.

• 1 month later...

We shared 3 in an inside cabin on Destiny and it was a shoe box, we thought they'd be same/similar to Celebrations sized cabins as they're quite big.

How wrong were we, we got there and opened the door onto what looked like a broom cupboard. I went straight to reception and asked for a bigger cabin and was told none were available, asked if there were any suits and again told no. We couldn't unpack properly as there was hardly any storage for 2 let alone 3 of us. Mother In law fell going into the loo the first night and ended up on her back in the shower. I was sleeping on a mattress on the floor between both beds as I was too scared to try and get onto the top bunk meaning we were all going to the loo in shifts in the night lol.

Complained again to reception a few more times and asked if there would be anything bigger available for the following week, told them I wasn't after an upgrade for nothing we would pay whatever we just wanted more space. Was told we'd have to wait and come back later in the week. 2 days later (our 5th day) we got a letter in our cabin saying a cabin had become available and would we like to have a look at it (a deck lower and an outside cabin) and to let them know if we wanted it asap for an additional £50 for the remainder of the holiday - erm let me think? YES PLEASE so we moved out that night leaving mother in law in peace lol

If it's too late to get another cabin before you go, well worth a try upgrading once you're on board?

Archived