Oasis Allure Questions Question

We are looking at trying our FIRST Royal cruise. I'm thinking either the Oasis or Allure. BUT I HAVE QUESTIONS...HELLLPPP.

1. Not sure what's the difference between the two except ports.

2. How are the crowds for the Flow Rider, Rock Wall, Zip Line? Is there a charge (we'll probably go for Thanksgiving).

3. It looks like it holds over 5,000 passengers...is this really really unbearably crowded like going to Disney or is it bearable (we've gone on the Carnival Conquest in mid-summer before...full ship and really you didn't have a big problem)

4. Any tips I should know?

5. What's a reasonable hotel to stay at should we arrive the day before...how do you get from the hotel to the ship or from the ship to the airport?

Thank you so much for your help

size- no diff.

eating- oasis on boardwalk has seafood shack and a donut shop.

allure has rita's cantina(mexican) and the dog house(dogs,bratwurst,etc)

rita's has a festival a couple of nights. $20 PP. gets 3 drinks and food and lots of fun. very well received so far. also a brazillian steak house at night in the solarium. $25 PP.

no charge for zip line, flow rider, or rockwall. 1st 2 very popular.

because of rita's and dog house i think i'll like allure. but eastern ports are nice on oasis. tough choice.

crowds no prob except elevators and show let out time.

we use the hyatt place north ( 10th st) shuttles from airport and to ship.

The only time you really notice the crowds are during the parties (welcome aboard and the farewell one) held at the promenade. Oh, and the muster drill. Pool areas can be crowded on sea days, but not too bad.

If you don't use the shuttle service from RCI, there are other ones available. Cocoa Beach Shuttle is one. Closest hotel to the Port is Radisson at the Port, it's about a mile away. They will shuttle you from the hotel to the Port, if you like.

Best advice I can give is to relax and have a good time. There's a lot to see and do, so remember that you probably won't get to do everything.

Also, book you're shows as early as possible. They tend to get booked pretty fast. All the shows are amazing!!

Embassy Suites is very close to the ships, very nice and hot breakfast included. Just take a taxi very close to all. They only charge for private lessons. Book your shows before you cruise online. They get sold out the first day on the cruise. You can also book spa and restaurants online prior. They do charge online for retaurant and spa appointments. Keep receipt and bring just in case. Also book your shore excursion prior due to long long lines on the ship. Even though there is 5000 people on the ship you do not feel like it. On the Allure there is an ipod charger with speakers and a clock. There are less storage and footage in both the Oasis and Allure cabins. If you want to go to the Coach store go as soon as open. Stuff sells out early. During the 70s party get on the elevator bar you will be with the staff during some of the show. Your boarding pass also tracks you on the slots. If you earn enough points your can have it downloaded onto the machine you are playing.S/S and DOB.

Take Care Happy planning

Brenda:D

We use the Cambria Suites near the airport. It has a free shuttle from the airport and a free shuttle to the cruise port. Nice rooms, excellent shower.

We found the Allure to be the least crowded ship we have ever been on. We only saw a crowd at the parade and even then it was not much.

The hot dog house on the Allure is great.

On deck 14 port side forward there is an exit to a viewing area that is driectly above the bridge.

The only time you really notice the crowds are during the parties (welcome aboard and the farewell one) held at the promenade. Oh, and the muster drill. Pool areas can be crowded on sea days, but not too bad.

If you don't use the shuttle service from RCI, there are other ones available. Cocoa Beach Shuttle is one. Closest hotel to the Port is Radisson at the Port, it's about a mile away. They will shuttle you from the hotel to the Port, if you like.

Best advice I can give is to relax and have a good time. There's a lot to see and do, so remember that you probably won't get to do everything.

Also, book you're shows as early as possible. They tend to get booked pretty fast. All the shows are amazing!!

Ummmm...this is information for Port Canaveral (Freedom of the Seas), not Fort Lauderdale (Oasis/Allure) which the OP is asking about. Plus, it is not even accurate, as there are two hotels that are closer to the port than the one mentioned here (Residence Inn and Country Inn and Suites).

We are looking at trying our FIRST Royal cruise. I'm thinking either the Oasis or Allure. BUT I HAVE QUESTIONS...HELLLPPP.

2. How are the crowds for the Flow Rider, Rock Wall, Zip Line? Is there a charge (we'll probably go for Thanksgiving).

3. It looks like it holds over 5,000 passengers...is this really really unbearably crowded like going to Disney or is it bearable (we've gone on the Carnival Conquest in mid-summer before...full ship and really you didn't have a big problem)

5. What's a reasonable hotel to stay at should we arrive the day before...how do you get from the hotel to the ship or from the ship to the airport?

We sailed Oasis last Thanksgiving and are sailing Allure this Thanksgiving, so thought I would share our experience with you since that is when you are looking at. Obviously if we are booked on Allure this year for Thanksgiving, we had a great experience on Oasis :p

I laughed when I read the Disney comparison, we live in South Florida and are frequenters to Disney and HATE the crowds. We try to only go at off peak times, so let me say Oasis did not feel like Disney ONE BIT!!!!! Dint get me wrong, sea days there a lot of kids running around the pool area, and once in a while you will see/feel the crowds during the parades, etc. But NOTHING like being in a crowded theme park. Our Thanksgiving sailing had over 1600 kids and you would have never known it.

I think other posters mentioned the main differences between Oasis and Allure. We are excited for Rita's and some of the minor additions like the iPod/iPhone chargers.

If you want to see my set of Cruise Compasses from our Oasis sailing they can be found at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/babyberger/sets/72157626049976014/

You will find a lot of suggestions throughout the boards for hotel recommendations.

If you have any other questions, ask away :D

Brendaflamingo what is the "Coach" store?

Hmmm...I like the "iPod Chargers"...Ritas sounds a bit interesting but honestly being from Texas...mexican food really doesn't impress me much. I've never gotten mexican anything as good as our "Tex Mex" or our "Fiesta"...but...either boat sounds like it's wonderful.

Now if ONLY I can get the CVP to call me back...SIGH :confused:

Dragonmouse:

Coach is a brand of purses, wallets, and other leather goods that are high quality (and high priced). Just ask my wife, she knows it well! (unfortunately....lol)

If you're having problems with a vacation planner, they're almost unnecessary at this point. You can book everything online, including your cruise and all reservations for any activites, shore excursions and pay restaurants right on RC's website. And I find it kinda fun to do all the booking myself. You can get almost any question answered right here.

We cruised Oasis last year, and are doing it again in May. The only time I noticed a crowd was during the busy breakfast time in the Windjammer (buffet), in the lines getting back onto the ship from a port, and the parades in the promenade. Other than that, you will never feel like you're part of a big crowd.

And I worked at Universal Studios in FL, and lived there for 3 years with many Disney trips. So believe me, I know what a Disney crowd is! No comparison whatsoever!

The crowds for the Flowrider aren't bad. They get a little longer towards the end of the week. At worst, you'll wait 20-30 min between rides. If you want serious Flowrider time, consider one of the private lessons ($60/pp, and worth it!). No charges for any of those.

My tips:

- Pre-book all your shows and restaurants online before you cruise.

- Get to the Windjammer for breakfast as early as possible, to beat the crowds.

- Use the touch screens to help you get around and see what's happening. It's a big ship, and there's tons of activities going on all over.

Thankx KimandJeffC

Sounds like fun...Yes I'm going to do my darndest to book what I can and give my family the schedule.

LOL...I wish I could have "surprised" my hubby with the cruise but I really needed to clear time off with him and well it's not cheap either...I really needed a thumbs up. It was rather cute:o. He was thinking about Vegas and I said what about a Thanksgiving cruise...next thing I know he was telling everybody we were going on a cruise...I guess that was my answer. My son doesn't have a clue yet (and no he doesn't read the boards at all). Might surprise him for his birthday.:eek: (his 16th birthday is coincidentally the week before). Hopefully the travel channel will air the Oasis building again...to wet his appetite LOL.

We have not been on the Oasis, but we were on the Allure last month with 5,990 passengers. It never felt crowded. Sure there are a lot of people on board, but the ship is so large and so spread out that it seemed less crowded than other ships I have been on.

The ships carry maybe 25% more passengers than Freedom for example, but they are some 40% larger; give or take.

Not to say there are not crowds in certain areas, but overall you don't get the feeling you are in a crowd at all.

The ships are almost identical, but the Allure is actually 2" longer due to manufacturing tolerances. The biggest difference I think are a couple of the specialty restaurants are different, some of the entertainment (Chicago vs. Hairspray), and so on.

I believe the ships have basically the same itinerary, but alternate between Eastern and Western Caribbean routes. Afterall, there are only so many places they can dock them.

Thanks for posting the Compasses from your Oasis cruise. Our family of 4 just booked Oasis for June and we are so excited. I stay on this website just searching for information and you have been a big help!

Also, thanks everyone for answering questions about where to stay the night before departure. I still have to book hotel accomodations and any suggestions are a BIG help.

size- no diff.

eating- oasis on boardwalk has seafood shack and a donut shop.

allure has rita's cantina(mexican) and the dog house(dogs,bratwurst,etc)

rita's has a festival a couple of nights. $20 PP. gets 3 drinks and food and lots of fun. very well received so far. also a brazillian steak house at night in the solarium. $25 PP.

no charge for zip line, flow rider, or rockwall. 1st 2 very popular.

because of rita's and dog house i think i'll like allure. but eastern ports are nice on oasis. tough choice.

crowds no prob except elevators and show let out time.

we use the hyatt place north ( 10th st) shuttles from airport and to ship.

On the Allure the Dog House has taken the place of the Donut Shop on the Oasis.

However, across from the Dog House is, what I call, a coffee and donut spot. It is self service but there it is constantly restocked.

DSCN1888.jpg

Yay, a response from Trainman...there's an EXPERT opinion! But you didn't say which you prefer! I am trying to make a decision in the next few days between Oasis or Allure, Western Caribbean in July 2012. At that time my "kids" will be 23, 21, 18 and 18, all girls, any suggestions as to what will be the best choice for us? It'll be our first trip on this class ship. I'm already ridiculously excited! How will I make it through a year and a half!?

Katie

Yay, a response from Trainman...there's an EXPERT opinion! But you didn't say which you prefer! I am trying to make a decision in the next few days between Oasis or Allure, Western Caribbean in July 2012. At that time my "kids" will be 23, 21, 18 and 18, all girls, any suggestions as to what will be the best choice for us? It'll be our first trip on this class ship. I'm already ridiculously excited! How will I make it through a year and a half!?

Katie[/quote I will go with the allure becouse of it resturant and shows,and starbucks

Katie

Assuming that they keep the entertainment the same, Allure currently is featuring "Chicago" and Oasis has "Hairspray". Another difference to consider, Which one would you prefer to see?

Im looking for Menus (pics, I guess) from Oasis.....Like from Izumi primarily, and whatever others anybody might have and want to share.

We're on Oasis June 25th. (the QUIETEST Roll Call I have ever seen btw..So, if any one is lurking out there and cruising 6/25 on Oasis, pls join Roll call)

Another question - is there a Starbucks on Oasis or only Allure and how much is a Grande, same as on land or different? Less? More?

Thanks!

HERE IS A LINK TO THE MENU: http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/IzumiMenu.pdf

did our first RCCL last Oct.

We have stayed at both Embassy Suites and Hyatt place, both on 17th st. We have secured them both for under $100 using hotwire...check betterbidding.com to be sure what hotel you are bidding on.

Both offer hot breakfast and shuttle to port...but port is only $10 cab ride. We call for 10:30 cab, no line, first on...time to explore, catch lunch w/o crowds.

We just did Oasis for Thanksgiving. It was fabulous. We stayed in a Boardwalk Balcony, #8729. We loved it - excellent view. The ship was at full capacity, but you really did not feel it, except in the Windjammer, which we pretty much avoided. I have 2 daughters 6 & 8 & was surprised that with 1250 kids on board:eek:, you really did not notice. The kids club was never crowded, & the kids never had to wait for the carousel. The flowriders & zip lines had lines, but if you get there early, it's better. We did the ice skating with no problem, & also the rockclimbing - again arrive at the start of the session. If you arrive at the end of the session & some sort of Aqua Theatre event starts, they will end the session, & you will have to come back later, even if you were already harnessed up.

Definitely schedule all your shows in advance, as well as any specialty restaurant reservations - we did them all! The only complaints I heard were from people that did not schedule their shows in advance & could not get reservations at the last minute on board. First select your shows, then fill in with the restaurants. The Park Cafe in Central Park was a great light breakfast & lunch spot. Relaxing & I never felt like I over ate there. Good luck!:D

Oops, I forgot we stayed at the Extended Stay America - very reasonable, not fancy, but perfect for a quick night, plus & a free shuttle to the terminal which is nearby. Also lots of convenient restaurants & Einstein Bagels within walking distance.

>SNIP<

Another question - is there a Starbucks on Oasis or only Allure and how much is a Grande, same as on land or different? Less? More?

Thanks!

Yes, Yes, Stacey . . .They do sell Starbucks on Oasis of the Seas. . . The prices are $1.95 Tall, 2.45 Grande, and $2.95 Venti.

Starbucks is served at the Modo Cafe Bar (By the time you sail, there should be a Starbucks Kiosk in place of the Mondo Cafe Bar on Promenade Deck)

There is also Starbucks served in the Suites for individual servings (JS and above)

You will love Oasis !

Radio

;);)

Starbucks Coffee is Proudly served on Oasis of the Seas

SU39.JPG

Izumi Sushi Chefs at work

F87.JPG

California Roll with Soy wraps instead of seaweed wrap

F86.JPG

Yes, Yes, Stacey . . .They do sell Starbucks on Oasis of the Seas. . . The prices are $1.95 Tall, 2.45 Grande, and $2.95 Venti.

Starbucks is served at the Modo Cafe Bar (By the time you sail, there should be a Starbucks Kiosk in place of the Mondo Cafe Bar on Promenade Deck)

There is also Starbucks served in the Suites for individual servings (JS and above)

You will love Oasis !

Radio

;);)

Starbucks Coffee is Proudly served on Oasis of the Seas

SU39.JPG

Izumi Sushi Chefs at work

F87.JPG

California Roll with Soy wraps instead of seaweed wrap

F86.JPG

Thanks, Mark!! As you know, Im finally getting excited for Oasis! Thanks for the info and pictures..Sushi, I cant get enough, lol having it on board (w/ soy paper!!) Im a happy girl. Starbucks --- *smiles*!

How far before sail does RCI open the site for reservations for entertainment?

Stacey

>SNIP<

How far before sail does RCI open the site for reservations for entertainment?

Stacey

You can book them 90 days out. . . You are almost there !

Radio

;);)

Archived