booking through group tour questions

teegee16

Hello board, this is on behalf of my son. he booked allure of the seas with a friend through a travel agent. the agent put together a group tour for them and 200 or so others and final payment was made several months ago for march sailing. lately the price of the cruise on web and rc site has been greatly reduced from the price they paid when they booked. i inquired of the agent for a booking number and he told me the individuals did not get individual booking numbers in this situation. are they entitled to a refund of the difference in pricing since they booked. it's like 300 difference for an inside? thanks for your advice.

Hello board, this is on behalf of my son. he booked allure of the seas with a friend through a travel agent. the agent put together a group tour for them and 200 or so others and final payment was made several months ago for march sailing. lately the price of the cruise on web and rc site has been greatly reduced from the price they paid when they booked. i inquired of the agent for a booking number and he told me the individuals did not get individual booking numbers in this situation. are they entitled to a refund of the difference in pricing since they booked. it's like 300 difference for an inside? thanks for your advice.

I assume that he did NOT book before May 17th of last year?

The answer is "no", no price refunds in any form after final payment date, and if his cruise is in March, he is past final payment date.

IF IF IF there are higher level cabins available for a price at or lower than what he paid, he can ask to be moved to that higher level cabin, but that's all you can do after final payment.

Archived