We were literally walking out of the door when...

Just Kroozen

The Carnival upsell fairy called with an offer to upgrade to an 8F Balcony from and inside for $200 for 4 people. Needless to say, we had to reprint our docs and luggage tags. This is our kids first cruise and they don't know we are cruising. I can't wait to see their expressions!

The Carnival upsell fairy called with an offer to upgrade to an 8F Balcony from and inside for $200 for 4 people. Needless to say, we had to reprint our docs and luggage tags. This is our kids first cruise and they don't know we are cruising. I can't wait to see their expressions!

You lucky dog - never have gotten an sell like that - $200 for 4 people on (I hope a 7 day cruise) is awesome. Have a great time - hope the kids are old enough to really appreciate it. Once our kids were a certain age they recall every detail of different holidays to this day and they are 26 and 23. PS just thought I would add (and not a big deal) but this is an up sell (costs you extra money - although in your case not very much) not an upgrade which costs you nothing. Upsell/upgrade whatever - it is an awesome deal and glad that you scored it.

Thanks guys! This is the only time we have ever gotten a call. We just booked this cruise last Tuesday so we really were surprised. Tracy, our kids are the same age as yours. We adopted them 4 years ago so we try to make all of our vacations really special as I feel we missed out on so much of their early lives.

Twaldos- you couldn't have said it better! Must be our lucky day!

Twice I have gotten an upsell call, however, the first time I did not print new paperwork and/or luggage tags. Carnival did not mention this and I did not think about it. Unfortunately just a couple days before I had been bitten by a neighbors dog and had had a very bad week so I was not thinking clearly. Did not let it ruin my cruise though!! My problem was I had to convince them at the port that we were now VIP!! Went from my 1st balcony cabin to a balcony suite cabin!! Oh how wonderful it was!! Next upsell call I got and took the offer I DID print new paperwork and luggage tags. Was stress free boarding VIP the 2nd time!! Enjoy ~ you will LOVE the balcony cabin!!

Thats wonderful. We have 2 kids, 11 and 9 and they know we are going on a cruise but they don't know we have a balcony.

Have a wonderful holiday

We also are cruising with our 9 and 11 yr old daughters, I couldn't not tell them about the balcony I was so excited when my husband agreed to book a balcony. I love having a place for us to chat about our day and make plans for the next day while the girls are sleeping. We are on the Victory in April and can't wait, it is the first cruise for us (but definately wont be the last I am sure!).

That is awesome!

I wanted to surprise our kids on our next cruise, but I think our oldest son already has an idea. Oh well, we will have to surprise him on the next next one....;)

Wow that's a great deal - inside to balcony for just $200 total? We've had the upsell call us once, it seemed like a good deal at first, but then realized they quoted us a per per/per day rate - an extra $400-$500 total to go from obstructed view balcony to regular balcony not worth it IMO

Archived