My Time Dining Help

Motleu

Sailing on Radiance on the March 28th cruise and need some advice on MTD. Prebook or wait until we board? If you prebook what about conflicts with a show? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I'd pre-book now and then when you get on board shift as you need to...but this way you will have at least some of the days all worked out and less to worry about aboard the ship.

3 cruises in a row we have enjoyed MTD...really do like it.

Have a great cruise.

The beauty of MTD is that it's just that...MY time dining...you can change your "time" from day to day, based on your plans for the evening...if you want, you can schedule a later dinner if you're not planning on something, and conversely, you can schedule an early dinner if you are.

I would select MTD and then make your "reservations" on a day to day basis.

I'm one who isn't keen on making reservations...to me it defeats the whole purpose of MTD...I don't mind waiting a few minutes if I have to..or if it's going to be a long wait I'm ok with the windjammer...some nights we've even skipped "dinner" all together...and just had a snack here & there...

we just did my time on the jewel and some people made reservations but we never did and we never had a problem getting in when we wanted.

This is my first RCI cruise my last 4 were on NCL. NCL you just go eat when you feel like, is this basically what you did?

Thanks

Joe

If you are concerned about being able to see the shows, why would you pick MTD? Traditional dining is specifically scheduled around the shows, and would be most appropriate for anyone wanting to catch the shows. MTD is generally for people who don't necessarily want to see the shows.

If you are concerned about being able to see the shows, why would you pick MTD? Traditional dining is specifically scheduled around the shows, and would be most appropriate for anyone wanting to catch the shows. MTD is generally for people who don't necessarily want to see the shows.

I strongly disagree. MTD is generally for people who don't want their choice of dining times confined to the hours set for early or late seating. While the shows are scheduled around the traditional dining times, the flexibility of MTD allows you to schedule your mealtimes to allow you to choose which performances (early or late) that you wish to attend.If you don't necessarily want to see the shows you can just as easily achieve that goal with traditional dining. Since MTD dining times generally cover the period from 5:30 until 9:30, it is certainly possible to find a time that fits the show schedules.

Bill

Archived