Emerald Princess Baja Deck Cruise 28/12/11

mourne

Hi, Have cabin on Baja Deck 714 for my New Year cruise, on reading posts understand that the balcony on this cabin is smaller than others and covered although it is private.

Please advise is it large enough to request a sun lounger as I like to use my balcony a lot, or should I change to Caribe deck - at extra cost, the available cabins on this deck are very limited at the moment- would hate to spoil my cruise because of limited balcony space. First time with Princess. :confused:

Happy sailing

Hi, Have cabin on Baja Deck 714 for my New Year cruise, on reading posts understand that the balcony on this cabin is smaller than others and covered although it is private.

Please advise is it large enough to request a sun lounger as I like to use my balcony a lot, or should I change to Caribe deck - at extra cost, the available cabins on this deck are very limited at the moment- would hate to spoil my cruise because of limited balcony space. First time with Princess. :confused:

Happy sailing

Others have posted that due to fire regulations, loungers are not allowed on balconies (they are not sufficiently fire retardant). Others can confirm if this is correct. Although not loungers, you would have 4 chairs on the Caribe balconies and two of the chairs have reclining backs. You can recline that chair and use the standard chair for you feet. Works fairly well. All balcony cabins other than Caribe deck are 5' x 9' while Caribe deck balconies are 9' x 9'. Suites do have "legal" loungers but you pay the "big bucks" for those cabins.

Happy sailing

Your balcony will be the same size as all others, except those on Caribe which are know to be larger. Nobody can have a lounger on their balcony; even those on Caribe. Only full suites have them, so if it's that important to you, perhaps you should switch from what you have to another accomodation.

Archived