Wi-Fi on the Magic?

Tiki Hut

We are sailing on the Magic June 11, 2005...I read recently that many cruise lines are installing Wi-Fi networks allowing internet access on your own laptop. Does anyone know if the Magic is has Wi-Fi or if it is getting it soon. We sailed the Magic two years ago and I know about the internet cafe, I was just hoping to be able to bring my own computer.

I'm booked on the May 14 Panama Canal Cruise and was wondering the same. The material I've received so far mentions nothing about WiFi. I suspect that installing that equipment shipwide is a project likely to be done during a dry-dock refitting. They might decide to offer it locations already hard-wired - such as The Stack, Cove Cafe and Promenade - on a trial basis, but I would imagine they'd let passengers know and charge the same access rates.

I'll add that to the list of questions I intend to ask the next time I call. But for right now, I'm looking forward to detaching myself from the 'net for 2 weeks and just letting the email pile up. Schlepping a laptop on board and trying to keep it from growing legs are headaches I don't need.

The Magic has WiFi but it is for crew use only. At this time, there is no way for a passengar to connect a laptop to the internet, either wired or wireless, with the exception of attempting to use a modem and paying the per minute ship-to-shore phone rates.

The only internet access available is by using the computers in the internet cafe (and a couple other locations).

I haven't heard any rumors that this will be changing anytime soon.

Archived