Would you pay more to bring back some old features?

I would pay 10$ a bottle, no problem - that's about double the price on a regular bottle of rum, unless you get the really fancy stuff or the large bottles. Actually, I would pay double the regular price to get it 'to go'.

I miss the homemade salad dressing in the MDR. The 'Florida Orange' was my favorite.

I miss having smoking areas in most of the bars, the Schooner Bar in particular.

I really, really miss the smaller ships and longer Caribbean trips (particularly from Florida) that have gotten pushed out by the 7-day monsters doing the same old, same old - Sovereign, Empress, Zenith, Galaxy.

I swore I was never going to fly to San Juan again, or getting on a Voyager class or larger ship, but am eating my words now, as fly out next Friday, and get on the Adventure of the Seas on Sunday. We had to get to Curacao and Dominica somehow (but we're doing it B2B with the Carnival Victory to get to St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and Barbados).

Wendy

Florida Orange Dressing

(From the RCCL Cookbook 2001)

1 C. Mayonnaise

1 Clove Garlic, crushed

1 Tbsp. Honey

1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard

2 Tbsp. EV Olive Oil

1/4 C. Orange Juice Concentrate

1 Tbsp. Grated Orange Zest

2 Tbsp. Finly Chopped Fresh Parsley

Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper to taste

In a non-reactive bowl. combine all the ingredients. Cover and refridgerate until ready to use.

Enjoy!!!

Bonnie-sdbeachparty posting under DSLH!:D:cool:

This is a little off-topic because it's not a return to something that's gone, but it is something I would love to see offered. I would pay for an all-inclusive drink package that included non-alcoholic drinks such as specialty coffee and sodas/water/juices, a wide variety of really good wine, and my choice of alcoholic drinks. That would appeal to me for convenience alone.

As for something that's gone that I'd like to see return...I still miss being able to bring some special wine with me. I'm more than willing to pay corkage for the privilege.

One more thing...I hope this isn't too petty...I wish RCCL would stop the over-reliance on salt to season their food.:p

I wouldn't want it to be a choice. I would rather have a more expensive cruise overall and have better food, service, etc... I would also like to see the return to honoring dress codes, and civility on the ships amongst the passengers. But...perhaps that will require just moving to different cruise lines, moving up to the more luxury lines as society becomes more and more casual.

Even the upscale cruise lines have moved away from formal clothing if that is what you mean. Only upscale cruise line I know that is formal is cunard where you basically have to dress every night. Minimum requirement for men is a sport coat on casual nights. I was on the QM2 once and there was nothing special about the cabins or the food. You basically have to reserve a Queen's Grill stateroom to get better cabins and food. Big bucks!!!

This is a little off-topic because it's not a return to something that's gone, but it is something I would love to see offered. I would pay for an all-inclusive drink package that included non-alcoholic drinks such as specialty coffee and sodas/water/juices, a wide variety of really good wine, and my choice of alcoholic drinks. That would appeal to me for convenience alone.

As for something that's gone that I'd like to see return...I still miss being able to bring some special wine with me. I'm more than willing to pay corkage for the privilege.

One more thing...I hope this isn't too petty...I wish RCCL would stop the over-reliance on salt to season their food.:p

I remember when we did or B2B cruises in 2002 on Enchantment we were able to buy a "drink card" It was much like the cards you get at coffee houses, subway shops, etc. You paid a set price (don't remember how much it was. Basically it worked out to about the price of 8 or 9 drinks from the normal bar tab) and got 10 drinks on the card you can use for any drinks. The bartenders would stamp the card in the next spot each time you used it. Anyone else remember these?

First off, I'm fine with what the cruise lines give for the $$ they get. I always get a kick out of these threads, because no one ever puts them into any pesrpective - like, for every $1000 you spend today (on anything) you would have only spent $600 20 years ago to get the same level of product. 30 years ago, it would only have cost you $450. So, that $4500 cruise we took in 1981 on HAL to get an OV for two would be a $10,000 cruise today. I'll gladly take today's $3,000 balcony any day (actually, I'll take three, thank you). ;)

Archived