Free Carnival App (Android)

Chirpbird

My sister just told me about a free Android Carnival app - Ship Mate Carnival. It totally rocks - of course I'm obsessed with my cruise. You get a countdown, deck plans, itinerary, excursion info, current ship location and deck cam. I'm sure there's an IPhone app, too. :D

I got it free for Iphone several months ago. Not worth paying for as far as I a concerned. John has been floating rumors about an official Carnival app for phones.

TOTALLY worth it now!

Check out the additions to the App from when it was free!

Has to be one of my favorite App's out there :D

• 1 month later...

I got me a Coby Kyros, which runs on Android...I just might download this app...looks good. I got me a cruise coming up in October...

My sister just told me about a free Android Carnival app - Ship Mate Carnival. It totally rocks - of course I'm obsessed with my cruise. You get a countdown, deck plans, itinerary, excursion info, current ship location and deck cam. I'm sure there's an IPhone app, too. :D

I downloaded it to my I-Pod and think it will come in handy while trying to get around the ship the first few days. It has deck plans and a few other things I find useful. Of course I need directions to find anything.;

iPhone, iPod, iPad, iTunes, iPod Touch. I know this is a small thing, but because of where I work, it is just a pet peeve when people spell Apple products Ipod, I-Pod, etc. It is always a small i and big P, etc. Okay, rant over. No need to flame, I know I am a nerd. But I'm an Apple nerd. ;):D

My DF has it on his I-phone. I think it is awesome. I just got a Galaxy by Smsung & want to put it on there. It runs on the Android system. I don't know how to, or if it can be put on my Galaxy (a mini type I-pad, by Samsung). I would love to know how to upload it & show him. Any suggestions, as to how??? I don't mean to highjack.

iPhone, iPod, iPad, iTunes, iPod Touch. I know this is a small thing, but because of where I work, it is just a pet peeve when people spell Apple products Ipod, I-Pod, etc. It is always a small i and big P, etc. Okay, rant over. No need to flame, I know I am a nerd. But I'm an Apple nerd. ;):D

You HAVE been assimilated by the collective.

It's iPod touch.

Just so you know...

I also just upgraded to the Galaxy phone and just downloaded this app.

1. Click your Market icon

2. Click on Apps (top left)

3. click All applications

4. Click search magnifying glass

5. Type in Ship mate Carnival and download:)

Took about 2 minutes.

For those of you not wanting to get a smartphone because the high monthly bill there is a cheap option.

Virgin Mobile now has an Android phone the Optimus V they just increased the price of the phone from $149 to $199 but it is pre paid (No Contract) For $25 a month you get 300 voice min. Unlimited text and mms and unlimited data. $40 gets you 1200 min. plus unlimited everything else. and $60 unlimited everything.

The down side to this is you have to be on the Sprint network and some areas may have no service, I have only found one area near me where I do not have service but I rarely am in that area.

Check the coverage maps at the Virgin Mobile website.

I have used Virgin for 2 years and there are a few service outages from time to time but not that often.

I am very pleased with this phone and I love it.

The app is free for Android. Sucks to have Apple. :)

It was free months ago when it premiered on apple.

Funny how the Droids are always late to the apps.;)

Most apps are free to start, to get word of mouth out like this.

I'm sure it'll be $1.99 at the Android App store in June or July too.

Bill

Also for those not married to Carnival exclusively...

Shipmate also has apps for RCCL, NCL, Princess, HAL and Celebrity.

Also, RCCL, NCL and Celebrity have their own free apps.

Keep waiting for Carnival to join this decade.;)

There is also a Marine Traffic app that allows you to track any ship anywhere.

I forget how much it cost though. (I think it was $1.99, but I'm not positive.)

Bill

Archived