A2 pictures 12000/12500 Star (new 2-br

szdiver

Awful, dreadful, dead to the eye. Bedroom is just HoJo quality, no bathroom window, fit and finish is D grade stuff, wires hanging down from the television?

We're booked on the Dawn for 12 day in 10506 Owner's Suite, and the suites on deck 12 are more expensive, oh and not a chaise lounge to be found anywhere in those new wonder-suites!

On the Pearl, the courtyard villa and owner's suite are lovely. On Epic, the Owner's Suite is spacious with sweeping views.

This Star/Dawn retrofit is unsightly; a living room with two slim windows and a beam running up and down right in the middle?

No window in the bathroom?

Lousy looking furniture, almost vinyl in appearance?

Not disgruntled, just critical about the way they're building and decorating $10,000 a week staterooms!

I guess it's different taste for different folks as the saying goes. We stayed in the suite shown in the photos last September, and found the colors much more enjoyable than the garish colors found through out the rest of the ship.

As to $10,000 a week, what cruise are you looking at? Myfamily of four went to Alaska last year right after the remodel in this suite and the bill was well under $5000. Considering the size of this suite against the price we found this quite a bargain, and the suite perks were fabulous.

Yes, when we sailed the TV hadn't been installed in the bathroom on the wall, but with two other TVs in the suite we never found this a problem. And yes, some of the furniture (couches in particular) are showing wear fast, but after looking at other cabins it doesn't seem this wear is out of line.

Do I hope NCL changes out the bed in the second bedroom -yes. Will I use this suite again - Yes; without or without reconfiguring the second bedroom.

Edited by Girr

Here are two other photo sets I found:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1257166&highlight=snowmom

http://fromthedeckchair.blogspot.com/2010/10/focus-onnorwegian-star-part-i.html

I would be excited to see any others that I missed in my searching. Also, I would love to see a floor plan for these rooms (the two DOS with a second bedroom, 12000 and 12500). Ncl.com for the star only shows the floor plan for the two on either side, which is a very different configuration. Anyone want to just sketch it by hand for us? :)

Girr thank you so much for that sketch! (Computer shapes or whatever you call that method) it answered a few different questions I had all at once, and so easily. I promise I won't hold you to the specifics, but the picture is really worth at least 500 words ...

(things I had been wondering were where the second bedroom was exactly located, where the closets were, if one entered into the living room or a mini-hall, where the entrance to the master bath was, etc. All answered!)

::D ::D ::D

Edited by CruiseBoston
Typos etc

• 7 months later...

I don't have pictures, but I toured this very suite 5 days ago. The Star pictures in previous posts represent the Dawn suite perfectly. My impression was that, other than the large, bright master BR, it seemed small & dark. I would take 2 of the new SJ suites, or 1 SJ & 1 interior cabin over the DOS if I wanted an extra BR & bath.

I'm sure it will be fine for you, and you'll love that master BR. The living area & second BR won't give you the bright open feel that you get in 12002, or any of the SJ family suites.

I guess not everyone owns an Autocad program! :eek: I like stick figure drawing!

What's sad is I do own Autocad!!! However, without all the dimensions it was just easier to play stick figure. :D

• 3 years later...