Bad coffee pods in suites, etc.

pandi77

Ok, call us strange, but we love the large pods. They make really excellent strong (not bitter) coffee. If they ever get around to ordering smaller pouches, I hope they save some of the large ones for those of us who like european-style coffee and the lift it gives us. :rolleyes:

As for the coffee makers, the ones provided do not have heating elements/pads under the cups...just a plastic "holding pad". I'm sure this greatly reduces the fire hazard, and why private coffee makers are not allowed.

It is weird that they haven't figured out the pods lol (or it could be that RC doesn't really care). The first time we had the pot I almost flooded the room with coffee as the drip missed the mug...fortunately our steward was very nice about it...he said he'd seen it before lol. Our table mates on our last cruise, who were also in a suite, advised us to take the coffee pot to the CL & fill it up. Which is exactly what one of us did each morning from then on. Fortunately, DH doesn't drink coffee or we would've had to make several trips but it worked great for me & my usual 2 cups of morning coffee. Will definitely do it again on our next cruise in 2 weeks.

Archived