Secret deck on Liberty?

Pomcoach

Sure, we were on Liberty not long ago.

Go up one deck to deck 9 and go all the way forward, and on the port side, and you will see a door with a round window.

That leads to the deck. There was usually nobody out there. Maybe one other person if we were coming into port.

Enjoy!

Sure, we were on Liberty not long ago.

Go up one deck to deck 9 and go all the way forward, and on the port side, and you will see a door with a round window.

That leads to the deck. There was usually nobody out there. Maybe one other person if we were coming into port.

Enjoy!

Awesome news this! We'll be on the Liberty in October and our cabin is located on Lido Forward. Are there any chairs or seats there?

Thank you for the good directions! When we were on the Triumph, we went to the secret deck and there were wooden benches along the deck, but as I remember, you would sit on the bench and face back toward the door. So not much of a view there! I seem to remember the railings were not glass, but were chest high wood wall railings, so I had to lean over the wall railings to see the waves below. We did see a dolphin or porpoise playing in the waves from the ship. There was 1 other couple up there when we went. They were a couple from this board! Ha Ha! We cruise critic people know the SECRETS!

Are there any chairs or seats there?

No chairs or loungers, but there is a bench seat.

We usually are at the railing looking at the activities below. It is a good spot to watch the coming and going from port. Probably a bit too windy when the ship is sailing at full speed.

We were on the Lido forward, and it was just a few steps down the hall, so it was definitely nice. For people with inside cabins, it would be an even more valuable spot!

Secret? I don't get it...

Just a figure of speech. I think they call it secret because few people know about it.

Are there steps going up to deck 10? Looks like on the deck plan. Is there a door going out on deck 10 forward also?

Yes, I believe you can go up a deck on some stairs. I don't recall there was much different on that deck, perhaps a bit smaller. No, I don't think there was any door to that deck, but I could be wrong.

Deck 10 has access from both hallways while deck 9 has access only on the port side. The stairwell that connects the two is in the center. The main difference between them is the flying bridge on either side on deck 9. From here you have nearly a 270 degree view to the horizon.

Yes, the Splendor has the same observation decks. You will find them accessible from decks 6,7,9 and 10.

Decks 6 and 7 are connected by stairs as are decks 9 and 10.

Deck 4 is the open bow area which is reserved for the use of the crew as is the observation deck on deck 5. Stairs connect decks 5 and 6 but they will have a chain blocking access with a sign that reads crew only.

The main difference between them is the flying bridge on either side on deck 9. From here you have nearly a 270 degree view to the horizon.

Actually, on Liberty this was not the case. I sailed on sister ship Valor and indeed you had the flying bridge on that ship.

Looks like on Liberty, they have some cabins on the deck below which use that portion of the flying bridge that stick out as a personal deck space. I sure did miss that 270 degree view.

Archived