Ugh I Hate Feeling This Way

westcruzer

So I have been craving a vacation. Not just any vacation but a CRUISE! My schedule has been quite hectic. My wife and I talked about a cruise and she was all for it. I figure a way for me to work out my schedule and wanted to plan the 9 day spirit to Mexico over spring break with the wife and kids. Brought it up to my wife and she tells me it she can't do it because of her work schedule. I NEED a getaway so we sit down and planteheran 3 day Ensenada cruise with the kids. Usually I am so excited to go weeks before. It seems like this time the excitement is just not there. I have even been reading reviews to get me in the mood. I know once I'm on board I will be fine. I just hate the mood I'm in now. I'm only 20 days away from my getaway.

Anyone else felt this way? How did you combat this frumpiness?

You came to the right place. So many people on here can relate.

I can only give you a woman's point of view, but delve into excursions or plans on the ship. I love to scour the boards for ideas and the best excursions. Get out your cruise clothes. How old are the kids? Get them involved. And make yourself a DOD :D Make a countdown chart for your kids.

Hope you feel better!!

The stress of preparation really go to me last time I cruised. So much so that I wanted out of the cruise ASAP. We left New Year's Eve Day and were still entertaining from the holidays 2 or 3 days before. While I don;t have to pack for everyone else I am totally responsible for all the plans and I got totally stressed out. Between trying to get the Christmas decorations down, entertaining and trying to get ready for trip I was burnt out before I left.We stayed overnight in Miami New Year's Eve. I was exhausted and was asleep by 10, The next morning we went to the ship to have a long and frustrating embarkation. ( Try 3 hours getting on the ship) After that the stress level sank . And the rest of the trip made it all worth while. Try to think of the end result and take a few deep breaths. Just think ~ before you know it you will be on the ship without a care in the world and the crew to pamper you.

Enjoy !

I feel in the same boat (no pun intended). I have the hectic thing going on with DH job and mine. He works for the county as a head custodian of an elementary school and with all the public employee stuff going on in the nation right now with wages etc...he hasnt had a raise (nor have any of the teachers in this county) in five years....We just dumped 1300 dollars into two cars. My two degrees have gotten me no where in the last six years....but needless to say this cruise is a gift for the last degree from my dad. I like another poster want so much from this cruise as far as ports etc that I am kind of spinning my wheels. Do I do a certain tour through carnival or not, what about pictures..what about what about...arhg..

So I go and look at other folks videos of the ship...I am currently reading a behind the scenes book about those who work on cruises etc...I have the ship we are sailing on my work and home computer desktop background....

Not sure if I am just venting or trying to help.....:confused:sorry..:o

I can totally relate. Seems like I was more excited before I booked than I am now. The boards have scared me somewhat because we are sailing on the Fantasy and some people have written some harsh things about that ship and her passengers. Also, this is a surprise cruise for DH so I have NO one to talk to or plan with. Yuck!! I am going to take the advice above and start looking at info re ports. Maybe that will renew the excitement. I am sure you will have a great cruise. I think last minute dreds are normal.

I can't speak of fighting a frumpiness. However, Several months before our cruise last summer I gathered older cruise pictures and cruise advertisements arranged them on our large bulletin board in the dining room. With at least a hundred pictures on the wall it generated excitement every day. We are doing another cruise this summer and I am sure we will do another cruise board.

Thank you for the great ideas...

Close your eyes. Take a deep breath. Visualize yourself on the Lido deck.

There... doesn't that feel better?

AHHHH yes it does actually make me feel better.....WAIT I have to open my eyes to write this.....ugh now I'm back to reality....:)

I do feel better though.

I can relate and felt exactly as you did...you originally wanted to plan a 9 day cruise but with work ect you cant go that long and are taking a shorter cruise...same thing happened to us we were planning a 7 night but because of hubby's job we had to rebook and take a 3 night also...at first I wasnt soooo excited but being a little over a week away the excitement is coming to me and thinking its better than no cruise at all :D

Enjoy your cruise and in the meantime, think of warm choc melting cake and DOD's :D

Archived