Leaving tomorrow...any last minute advice?

gonna go cruising

I feel like I am forgetting something very important. I have the passports, tickets, almost packed, money, snorkel and masks, clothes and shoes. I just feel like since I waited till the last minute to pack that I am forgetting something major.

Any last minute things I need to know?

Thanks ahead of time. Looking forward to this and hoping for rather calm seas!

The Basics: Tickets, passports, Driver's License picture ID, some cash, credit cards (usually different accounts carried by each spouse, for safety), and any medications you regularly must take. Don't forget your cruise partner! ;)

For EVERYTHING else, there are opportunities to buy it unless you wear a really odd size.

For me, every trip starts with trying to remember what I forgot. Usually I can come up with something before I get to the airport. After that I can relax, knowing that I have "remembered" that omission, and don't have to worry about it any more :D

For other cruisers reading - make sure you phone your credit card company in advance from home to tell then you will be out of the country. We had one card blocked mid cruise because we forgot to do this. Princess was gracious enough to allow us to sign a payment contract to clear our disembarkation and we had something like 10 days to settle the account. So, it's not a show stopper, but sure caused some anxiety that can be avoided.

Hope you have (had) a FANTASTIC cruise!

I always make a list of absolutely everything that we intend to pack. Then when it's time to zip up the bags, I check off each item on the list. It really works great unless you forget to put it on the list in the first place.

Pack medications, important papers, money, necessities in your carry-on. We always put a bathing suit/flip flops in the carryon just in case your luggage is delayed.

We are packed and ready to go also - leaving today for T.O. to stay overnight and then to the airport for EARLY tomorrow morning. Happy Sailing.

Archived