Extension cord, hairdryer and curling iron in luggage

bertieboop1

I take all of those items -- extension cord, travel hair dryer & flat iron (straightener) in my checked luggage. Never had a problem. They are NOT prohibited items; however, if they appear to pose a safety hazard (frayed cords, etc), they can be confiscated.

There has been alot of misinformation on the boards on this subject, but they are perfectly fine to take on board in your carry-on or checked luggage as long as they are in good condition. The Carnival website outlines all of this as well.

Extension cords yes, power strips no, right? I don't want to bring a power strip, but I do want to bring one of those little plug in things that you plug in and it makes one outlet into three outlets. I just want to be able to power computer/cell phones/Nook/iPad/alarm clock as needed. Will that be problematic?

Extension cords yes, power strips no, right? I don't want to bring a power strip, but I do want to bring one of those little plug in things that you plug in and it makes one outlet into three outlets. I just want to be able to power computer/cell phones/Nook/iPad/alarm clock as needed. Will that be problematic?

I'm really interested to know the answer to this as well. DH has a C-Pap machine and I hated the blow dryer on the Glory so I will be bringing mine on the next cruise.

I always sail with my curling iron, hair dryer and small multiple outlet plug (not to be confused with a power strip)...that way I can heat up my curling iron while I blow dry my hair. I have never had any of these items confiscated or questioned.

I'm really interested to know the answer to this as well. DH has a C-Pap machine and I hated the blow dryer on the Glory so I will be bringing mine on the next cruise.

NO PROBLEM bringing ext cord, power strip or the plug-in adaptor things (or hair dryer, flat iron, curling iron)... UNLESS they appear to pose a safety hazard with frayed cords & such.

Just a heads up-- the adapters are great, but watch the shape of it. Here is reason: The outlet is usually quiye close to counter top and barely can plug an item that has "a block shape" into it. I woud look for an adapter that is a horizontal rectangle shape and not too tall,oval etc, or items will not be able to plug into it due to counter interference.

Does that make sense?

Archived