hop on hop off bus

cruisnfool

Can anyone tell me if there is a HOHO bus in Paris.....we are really struggling with doing a ship tour vs just transportation and do our own thing in Paris.

Other HOHO I have done come with a very detailed map of the special interest sites.

We are afraid the bus will just drive by the places of interest and not alllow some wander time.

Can anyone tell me if there is a HOHO bus in Paris.....we are really struggling with doing a ship tour vs just transportation and do our own thing in Paris.

Other HOHO I have done come with a very detailed map of the special interest sites.

We are afraid the bus will just drive by the places of interest and not alllow some wander time.

Paris has several HOHO busses...you can check out the maps of each if you need to,but they are aboout all the same.Great way to see Paris.

Do you know a website?

We took L'Open Bus on a two day pass. Here is a link:

http://www.grayline.com/Grayline/destinations/europe/paris.go?mode=activityDetail&apid=1436&sid=488&

I remember people boarding near Gare du Nord (train station). You can buy tickets online to save time.

They have a few routes; you probably want the one that goes to the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre, the Grand Tour.

http://www.grayline.com/Grayline/GraylineAssets/files/franchises/Paris_OPENTOUR.pdf

The trip itself took about 31/2 hours. It would give you some time to stop and walk around at a couple of sites, but because of the line we had to wait for the third bus to get back on at the Eiffel Tower. It was probably at least a twenty minute wait there.

Viator also sells tickets for this tour; however, you would still board L'Open

Bus.

I just read the information from L'Open Bus and it said it varies in one place and takes 2 hours in another. I think it would vary depending on how many people are getting on and off at each stop, i.e. slower in tourist season.

I just saw info about a Red Bus. It makes only 9 stops and takes 2 hours and 15 minutes. That may give you more time at your favorite sites plus some time to walk around and have lunch.

Here is the website:

http://www.isango.com/france-tours/paris-tours/introductory-hop-on-hop-off-tour-of-paris_13292

Reviews for L'Open Tour were more favorable. For the Red Bus it seemed to be less of a value and also they did not keep their normal schedule going when it snowed!

I suggest checking the reviews on Trip Advisor and decide which is best for you.

double post

The original post did not go in.

What I was saying was that the hoho stop near Gare du Nord is for the yellow route. You can take it a short distance to the place where it intersects the green route (Grand Tour), which is between L'Opera and Madeleine.

Here is a link to the map:

http://map.metro-passes.com/mapopentour.pdf

Gare du Nord is stop #53 on the yellow tour. You will go to stop #59 where it crosses the start of the Grand Tour.

They say it takes 2 1/4 hours, but again I would allow some extra time for people boarding, sitting at stops and waiting on the bus, waiting for a bus at the Eiffel Tower, and traffic.

It looks like your train goes to St. Lazare Station. It's in the upper half of the map under a white space marked Printemps. Going from the map it looks like you can walk directly south to the first stop on the Grand Tour. (Number 1 with a green circle)

Have you checked the train information yet?

Archived