Ship suggestions needed

Mollynme

In an effort to hook the rest of my family on cruising, I am going to be taking my youngest brother’s family (2 adults, 4 kids from 9-19 yrs) on their first ever cruise next year.

The two older boys have already informed me that I need to find a “fun” ship with lots of activities, preferably on NCL. (They live in Norway and like the idea of a Norwegian cruise line.)

Since my only cruise experience has been on HAL, I have been trying to research what is available NCL-wise in the Caribbean. So far, the most promising ship seems to be Epic and I think they would love it. However, if I can’t match their vacation time with an Epic itinerary that appeals to them, I was wondering what other ship suggestions experienced NCL cruisers might have.

Are there comparable activities on other ships – climbing walls, water slides, bungee trampolines, etc? This is a very active family and the more I can find for them to do, the better.

Thanks!

You have told them that there aren't any Norwegians working for NCL and its a Bahamian registered vessel? :D

Okay, there might be a couple of crew/officers from Norway, but only a few. The only Norwegian is the name.

Though all those activities sound great, that is only part of the cruise.

Personally, if I was go to come all the way from Norway, there are other things I would do. New York City, Disneyworld, tour various states, etc.

Just me I guess.

They could also cruise on the Epic - from Barcelona.

Okay, there might be a couple of crew/officers from Norway, but only a few. The only Norwegian is the name.

Though all those activities sound great, that is only part of the cruise.

Personally, if I was go to come all the way from Norway, there are other things I would do. New York City, Disneyworld, tour various states, etc.

Just me I guess.

They could also cruise on the Epic - from Barcelona.

They actually have done those things already. My brother tries to get his family to the States every other year or so and he often serves as travel guide to Norwegian friends and family. It is just cruising that they haven't done before.

I know NCL isn't really "Norwegian" but I didn't want to disillusion them ;)

Archived