Capt. Larry & handicap access on whale boat

Capt. Orca

I called the office today to book for June 3, and asked some questions about what the trip would be like for my 82 year old mother. I agree with everyone who mentioned the helpful office staff. They told me that Capt. Larry has made modifications this year to the boats so that it is much easier to get on & off, and there would be no stepping up and over, and she will not have any problems. That was my big concern and I thought they were extremely helpful.

They also knew exactly the schedules of all the ships, said they would make it as easy as possible on her, and they would be happy to drop us off at the Red Dog after the trip if we wanted. Basically said that anything we wanted could be worked out.

We live near San Francisco and have seen whales, but my Mom lives in Michigan. I'm so happy that they have made it easy for people with physical limitations so that she has this opportunity.

I also agree with the previous poster who said that while you do see whales on this cruise, it is completely different when you are in a small boat and up close and personal!!!

Archived