Mariner west coast regulars, where are you now?

SRAFROG

We will switch to Princess as it seems only cruise lines headquartered on the West coast (Princess and HAL) remain committed to us so will commit to them in return. (Princess anyway as we don't care too much for HAL)

Even Princess is less committed though - instead of doing Mexico for the entire season, Sapphire is also doing the Hawaii run. RCI could do the same, but they make more money in Europe, I suppose, so that's where they're headed.

Even Princess is less committed though - instead of doing Mexico for the entire season, Sapphire is also doing the Hawaii run. RCI could do the same, but they make more money in Europe, I suppose, so that's where they're headed.

I agree though I suspect an entire year round itinerery to Mexico might be too much but I LOVE and have booked the new r/t Hawaii from SFO on Star for 2012 which will bring a total of 3 ships doing the Hawaii run so the number of ships is the same if not a bit more but the iten's have just changed a bit! :)

Barbara, while I love the crew on Mariner, Galveston is our least favorite port of embarkation. It's just not an easy port for fly-in cruisers. As long as Voyager is in New Orleans, I don't see us going to Galveston.

Bob

I'm with you. Galveston is such a pain to get to. new Orleans is so much easier.

I agree though I suspect an entire year round itinerery to Mexico might be too much but I LOVE and have booked the new r/t Hawaii from SFO on Star for 2012 which will bring a total of 3 ships doing the Hawaii run so the number of ships is the same if not a bit more but the iten's have just changed a bit! :)

I can't wait until we have enough vacation time to take that cruise!

Hi Barbara,

Jim and I are on Celebritie's Xpedition next month to the Galapagos Islands. In August, we're on a B2B on the Allure for our 40th wedding anniversary (and our kids and spouses are joining us for the first leg). In October, we will be doing a B2B2B on the Voyager which starts in Venice and ends in New Orleans.

You and Claude have a great time on the Radiance through the Panama Canal. You'll be joining our friends Suzyluvs2cruise (Jim & Sue).

Jackie (and Jim)

We miss the Mariner as well. We built up enough RCCL VISA points to get another "1 goes free" cruise. Last time we did the Mexican Riv. We like that better than the Caribbean. Now that there is no west coast cruises, we aren't sure what to do. We really don't want the Caribbean on the new "mega" ships. Liberty was big enough. Allure/Oasis is just too big.

We like the idea of Maui also, but the cost is a bit high to do it every other year. The 8 hour flight from Chicago is also a bit hard to handle. SInce the flight is so long. We try to make it 2 weeks. One on Maui and one on Kauai. Condos are the only way to go.

Archived