New Orleans - Triumph - Embassy Suites

tkabrk

We've stayed there a couple of times, never for a cruise though.

It's not as updated/modern as some of the other Embassys we've stayed at, but still much nicer than some of the hotels in that part of town. I find the staff is not as friendly and helpful as at all of the other Hilton chain hotels we've stayed at. The rooms are big with a separate living room area that has a sofabed. We've never had any problems with noise, even on weekends. We've stayed there for events at the convention center and it's not a far walk at all, but I've never cruised before so I have no clue how close it is get to the ship. We've walked from the Embassy to Bourbon Street too and it wasn't too bad either. Parking was I think $35 a night in a covered, valet garage.

They have a manager's special each night that has free drinks and snacks (popcorn and trail mix). In the morning they have free breakfast. There are two lines, one with a ready made buffet of things like scrambled eggs, bacon, french toast, etc. The other line is for made to order omelets. Both sides had pretty good food. The ready made line is really quick, the made to order one is very very slow.

Archived