Birthday Celebrations On Board?

ciera123

We're taking a B2B cruise in June on Serenade of the Seas. There will be 20 family members total and we'll be celebrating 2 birthdays. One birthday is for my great-nephew who is turning 3, and the other is for my Dad turning 76. Other than a birthday cake in the dining room on the appropriate day, does RCL offer anything special? This is our first RCL experience.

The waiters will sing a birthday song for you. The birthday cake in the dining room is an extra fee. For free they will put a candle in a dessert for the birthday person. Even if you put a note on your reservation about the birthdays, make sure that you mention it to you waiter on the day. They get busy and forget or they sometimes don't get the information about celebrations from the corporate office.

For my mom's birthday we had her stateroom decorated. It was all done when we boarded so she got quite a surprise when she opened the stateroom door. I think the door was also decorated.

They have prices and photos under "gifts and gear". If I remember correctly there was also a cake in the room There are two birthday packages available.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343255

Good thread w/some ideas and photos in it. I would do your own thing (Dollar store) to decorate cabin/door and that way people in staterooms near you can wish them a Happy Bday too.

Also, I've made a shirt for my DS that said "It's my Birthday!" on the front and a "Shout Out Happy Birthday" on the back w/iron-on letters. He had to wear it the day we left one cruise and flew home (through the airport) - he got A LOT of comments. The 3 year old in particular may like that!

Hi, I know RCCL ships have conference rooms on them. Maybe you could call guest relations and see if you could reserve one and have a little party. The staterooms are not that big and this way you could probably get all 20 in the same place at the same time --

Archived