Do ALL available rooms show up??

cruisegirl91

Hi!

Planning on booking our very first cruise - the Dream in August 2012! We're going to book through our TA, but was on the CCL site and when I search available rooms for 2 ppl with regular balcony not many rooms seem to be available. I'm surprised as this cruise is a year and a half away. Pretty sure there are a lot of regular balcony rooms midship on the Empress and Verandah decks, but only 10 for each one are showing up. Planning on getting 5 rooms close to each other as we are a group of 10. Anyone know the reason for this, or if only certain rooms show up as being avilable when booking through the CCL site??

Thanks!! :rolleyes:

Only 10 cabins per cabin category will show up at a time on Carnival's, site, or any other travel site. The best thing is to call either Carnival to find out about more cabin selections, and especially with trying to book 5 cabins.

I would cal CCL and have the room numbers you like on the deck plans and see if they are available. This way you get to chose where you want to be. One thing to caution you about, try to chose a room that has rooms above it so it will be less noisy. If you are under a pool they drag deck chairs early in the morning to clean and it may wake you up. Sometimes under the workout room it can be noisy if you are under the weights and people drop them. Just stuff to think about! Have fun planning your cruise!

Hi!

Planning on booking our very first cruise - the Dream in August 2012! We're going to book through our TA, but was on the CCL site and when I search available rooms for 2 ppl with regular balcony not many rooms seem to be available. I'm surprised as this cruise is a year and a half away. Pretty sure there are a lot of regular balcony rooms midship on the Empress and Verandah decks, but only 10 for each one are showing up. Planning on getting 5 rooms close to each other as we are a group of 10. Anyone know the reason for this, or if only certain rooms show up as being avilable when booking through the CCL site??

Thanks!! :rolleyes:

No, all cabins are not revealed. No company would public publish their inventory. It's proprietary information kept from the public and the competition.

The only ones who have access to all cabins are the reps at the other end of the reservation line when you call direct.

Thanks so much everyone! That's the answer I was hoping for. I was getting scared that they were the only ones left, but should have known that was impossible on a sailing so far away. A lot of the rooms showing up were right next to the elevator - something I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks for the tips! :D

Thanks so much everyone! That's the answer I was hoping for. I was getting scared that they were the only ones left, but should have known that was impossible on a sailing so far away. A lot of the rooms showing up were right next to the elevator - something I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks for the tips! :D

I always book as close to the elevators as possible.

Love the convenience and I never notice any extra noise.:)

Bill

I wondered the same thing at one point. I went to book a room and one showed up that I wanted- then my session timed out by the time I had all my info in. Went back to book it and it's not available.. And when I would check availability randomly, it seemed that the available rooms would change, then go back to the original ones I saw, then they wouldn't be available, then they were. Just about drove me nuts. I'd call if there is a SPECIFIC room you want and it's not showing up.

Archived