Couple of Legend Q's please?

w8ing2cruz

A friend of mine is sailing in April:

• Are the two elegant nights the first sea day and the last port day (which would be Roatan on her cruise).
  • Does the Legend dock at Mahogany Bay in Roatan?
  • Which night is the Captain's Party?
  • Of the big production shows - any not to miss?
  • Best pre/post hotel in Tampa?

Thanks - first cruise and I hope it's everything she wants it to be.

A friend of mine is sailing in April:

• Are the two elegant nights the first sea day and the last port day (which would be Roatan on her cruise).
  • Does the Legend dock at Mahogany Bay in Roatan?
  • Which night is the Captain's Party?
  • Of the big production shows - any not to miss?
  • Best pre/post hotel in Tampa?

Thanks - first cruise and I hope it's everything she wants it to be.

I'll answer the ones I know for sure:

I believe the elegant nights mentioned are correct.

Yes, the Legend does dock there. Other cruise lines dock there too but I haven't heard if the Legend has ever been shifted to the other docking area, I doubt it since Mahogany Bay is owed by Carnival.

I think the Captain's Party was the first Elegant night if I remember correctly. Being that it was only $1 off drinks we didn't bother attending.

We didn't go to all the production shows. I sat through the welcome aboard show until I was so seasick I had to go back to the cabin (super rough seas that first day) and we attended the Legends Show which was kind of fun. I'm not a big show person. The only show we absolutely loved was the juggler/comedian. He was AMAZING.

Lots of people report loving Rocky Point Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Rocky Point as being good cruise and go hotels.

We loved the Legend.

The formal nights are on those days and the captain's party is the first elegant night. We also did not attend.

We ported in Mahagony Bay. It is clean but nothing really special. It was my least fav port of call.

We stayed in a hotel in Brandon, FL. I cannot remember the name of it. It is in my review of the cruise. It was about 10-15 mins away from the port. They offer a free hot breakfast the was pretty good.

When I was on the Legend, pretty sure the formal nights were the first sea day and the second to last port day. I'm pretty sure this was only because Cozumel was the last port day. If the last port day isn't Cozumel, I'd expect the last port day to be the formal night.

The captain's party is the first elegant night. It's not like it was in the past. Drinks are a $1 off and you will likely find the captain standing around in the lobby. When we went there, no one was with the captain so we were able to stand and chat with him and take a picture.

We ported in Mahogany Bay. It's definitely nice and new. Didn't go to the beach right there. We did a tour with Victor Bodden. If they want to see the island, probably something to look into.

Didn't really go to any shows. Went to the Welcome Aboard show and saw some of the comedians. Personally, I've never been a big fan of the production shows.

Every time I've sailed out of Tampa, I've stayed at the Chase Suites at Rocky Point. Nice rooms, breakfast in the morning and a nice cruise package.

Skip the captain's party and go to the farewell party. It was the last evening in the Firebird Lounge. I think it was 4:30 or 5 p.m. It will be in the Fun Times. The band played for dancing and there was 45 minutes of FREE DRINKS!

Archived