Golden/Alaska questions

Readytogo

I would appreciate specific input on the following questions:

Which deck would you choose for a mini suite on the Golden?

Which deck would you choose for a balcony cabin?

I have been on the Island the past 2 summers. How much different is the "feel" of the Golden crowd-wise? A brief comparison would be appreciated.

Finally, I am set on dates and my only other option is the Westerdam. Any informed discussion of the pros and cons would help me.

Thank you for your responses.

I would appreciate specific input on the following questions:

Which deck would you choose for a mini suite on the Golden? Emerald Deck mini's are fully covered but there are only 12 of them and they are often booked up fast. Dolphin Deck mini's are fully uncovered. We have had Dolphin deck mini's twice and didn't mind the lack of cover. Your choice of uncovered or covered. Except for Cat AE on Dolphin deck which were designed as handicapped cabins but have doors too narrow and can only be configured as twins and have a walk in shower rather than a tub/shower Emerald deck mini's are less expensive than Dolphin deck.

Which deck would you choose for a balcony cabin? We go with Cat BB Caribe deck balconies because of the larger 9' x 9' half covered cabins rather the standard 5' x 9' fully covered cabins.

I have been on the Island the past 2 summers. How much different is the "feel" of the Golden crowd-wise? A brief comparison would be appreciated. Golden has the IC and Vines which we missed on the Island's sister the Coral last August. The Island also does not have a Skywalkers. The Island has two through corridors (Promenade and Fiesta) with public spaces which breaks up the crowd and may give a less crowded fell.

Finally, I am set on dates and my only other option is the Westerdam. Any informed discussion of the pros and cons would help me. Can't comment.

Thank you for your responses.

We have enjoyed our cruises on both the Golden and the Coral.

Archived