28 Day Sapphire South Pacific fashion questions and other girly stuff

SissyG

Hi Beth,

We just arrived home but I can tell you I wore every pair of shoes I brought. More on the clothes when I know who I am. Tomorrow is my 65th birthday so we will be busy with our kids and grands. I'll be back to give you my take on packing for this cruise :D :eek: ;)

Cheers, Denise

Happy Birthday Denise!

For the most part I think I packed correctly. The one thing I missed was a jacket or sweatshirt. I was cool many times out on the balcony and sometimes in the cabin with the air conditioning, so I bought a sweatshirt on board. Otherwise, I seemed to pack the right things, just not enough. I needed more crop pants for sure, but just couldn't find enough that fit. At the suggestion of a couple of people here, I actually kept a list of things I was glad I brought, things I wished I'd brought and things I didn't use, lol.

Happy I brought:

Gloves

Windbreaker

Collapsible drawers (the cloth covered cardboard drawers they sell at Target)

Small plastic drawer organizers

Foam mattress topper (even though I already requested and received one from Princess--the extra cushy was great)

Portable white board--this was great for leaving messages for my friend if she wasn't awake yet or was out and about

Nook

iPhone with games

Binnoculars

Camera w/several mega cards (LOL!)

Small flexible plastic soap dish--the soap always slides around the sink area, lol

Magnetic clips for the walls to hold papers and such

Things I WISHED I'd brought:

Sweatshirt

Plastic forks, spoons, knives

Paper plates or bowls

Nail clippers/file

Lens cleaning cloth for camera and glasses

Small multi-strip--charging electronics required scheduling, lol

Cheap rain poncho

A few more cool weather clothes for cabin and balcony

Craft materials (I like painting--it would have been fun to have that)

More diet related food items

• 2 weeks later...

I just noted our other thread has been closed - Does anyone know where we have been moved to on here? I feel somewhat lost / detached from our one time family! I am surprised they did not give us anytime to start a new thread - or did we already for post SPO cruise?

Also does anyone know a HARLEN MONFORT from our cruise - And if so - I need an email address to get in touch with them.

I just got home from the cruise and the visit with our daughter a few days ago and was so surprised to see that our Sapphire roll call had been closed...something about it being too long to load properly, I think.

I would have liked to get a few more email addresses before they closed it.

Andi, if you see this post would you contact me please at SissyGOK@gmail.com

Our Sapphire bags are all unpacked and the laundry done and now we're getting into cruise mode again to leave two weeks from today for the Emerald. This time we only need about half the clothes we took for the 28 day cruise and I have it all hanging in the guest room aka cruise staging area ready to be packed. Will only need 1 large and 1 rollon each for this 10 day cruise though.

I wore all the clothes I took for nighttime but not everything I took for daytime...I took 3 pairs of shorts and didn't wear any of them. During the day it was usually a bathing suit with a pareo or dress over it or crop pants and tee shirt.

I just got home from the cruise and the visit with our daughter a few days ago and was so surprised to see that our Sapphire roll call had been closed...something about it being too long to load properly, I think.

I left a message for Host Michell on on the Live from the our Sapphire cruise thread which I just learned about yesterday - Here is the site: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1506265

Here's hoping she will have some ideas for us to find everyone who was on our thread and either send a message to all our buddies re: the one above orlet us start a new one. CC must have a list of all the people on our old thread.

Like I said to Host Michell - This is a first for me. They usually truncate the thread from the other end.

OK ~ everyone from the Roll Call 28 day Sapphire Princess CC thread ~ called,

"October 22, 2011 LA to Tahiti to LA" ~ CC thread :

Here is our new CC Friends thread name & address:

South Pacific Odyssey Friends ~ "October 22, 2011 LA to Tahiti to LA"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=788

Here's a early Present ~ Happy Holidays everyone!

Come on over and read and chat among new and old friends!

Archived