New to Disney Cruise Line

KBCruiseLover

We are 6-time cruises with Carnival and are planning to take our 1st Disney cruise in October. . . .a birthday gift for our 5 year old granddaughter.

I can't find any info about the amount of money you are required to put on the Key to the World card (like Carnival's Sail and Sign).

We are going on a 4-day. Credit and debit cards are not an option since we only use cash (except for the actual booking).

What $$$ amount is required for each guest to put on the card at embarkation?

Thanks, KB

When you get your cruise documents a couple of weeks before you sail, it may say what cash is needed per person. Or, when you do the online check in, it should say there too. But personally, I would call the cruise line directly. They are helpful when you questions like that.

FYI, online check in is the best, especially if you cruise again. Your info is retained and you don't have to keep typing it in everytime. And it helps the lines move quicker.

I see you have cruised a lot of Carnival. Disney is better. Less stringent rules and regulations. They do not steal your adult beverages. We bring our own champage on every cruise. And when we buy scotch in St.Maarten, we take it directly to our room, it isn't confiscated. I appreciate being treated like a responsible adult, and not a rat in a cage who has to pay for every drink on the ship. Don't get me wrong, we do love the bars and purchase on the ship. We just like own once in a while.

The Disney site says per person PER CRUISE not per day:

Per Guest per cruise 3-Night 4-Night 7-Night

Dining Room Server $12.00 $16.00 $28.00

Dining Room Asst. $9.00 $12.00 $21.00

Dining Room Head $3.00 $4.00 $7.00

Stateroom Host $12.00 $16.00 $28.00

Monobrow, that's the recommended gratuity amounts. The OP was looking for required deposits on cash accounts.

I haven't been able to find any required amounts that you need to put on your cards, but here's what DCL has for credit limits when using cash:

Cash Account Agreement

You have chosen to settle your account on a cash basis. You may place cash on your account any time during the cruise by visiting the Guest Services Desk on Deck 3, Mid-ship. Your onboard credit limit has been established based upon the length of your sailing.

• 2-5 days = onboard credit limit of $300.00

• 6-9 days = onboard credit limit of $500.00

• 10 days or greater = onboard credit limit of $700.00

Please note that we will automatically disable the charging privileges on your Key to the World card once you exceed the onboard credit limit. This will also disable the charging privileges of any persons authorized by you to charge to your onboard account.

To avoid suspension of charging privileges, we request that you stop by the Guest Services Desk and apply payment prior to exceeding the onboard credit limit. Also, on the final morning of your cruise, we kindly request that you settle any remaining cash account balances prior to 7:00 a.m.

Express Checkout is a convenient way to have your onboard account automatically settled on the final morning of the cruise with a copy of your charges delivered directly to your stateroom. If you wish to utilize our Express Checkout service, you may do so by presenting your credit card to Guest Services.

Thanks so much for all the info. That's exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate all the help.

I'm a creature of habit and I'm not doing well finding info that is probably right in front of me on the new (Disney) website that I am adjusting to.

This is why I love Cruise Critic!!!!!

Archived