Seven Mile Beach Questions

debnrick

Can you walk from the ship? If not, best way to get there? Can you rent snorkle gear, lounge chairs, etc.?

Is it better to book a seven-mile beach excursion through the ship or just get their and do your own thing on your own?

thanks for the advice

I wouldn't walk, busy street and will be hot. Do your own thing and grab a cab(mini bus) to the beach for about $5pp. Go to Royal Palms or Sea Grapes, you can check these threads out for pros and cons. Renting chairs etc. is easy. I wouldn't bother snorkeling off the beach, it's hit or miss. Do not, again, do not, miss snorkeling in Roatan, it's one of the best off beach spots in the Caribean.

It's a bit of a hike and I wouldn't want to do it in the heat. We had our excursion drop us off near the Westin and we walked a bit on the beach to find a good place, then took the beach shuttle back to port ($2.50pp vs. a quoted price of $16 for a cab).

Do you know if any of the hotels on 7 mile let you use there chairs for a few hrs. we went 2 yrs ago and just put towels down in front of the governors house , next to westin, there was a nice restroom, we used the but there was no shade. any ideas???

Archived