2 changes to Dream itinerary 30/7/11

Just got a letter from Thomsons informing us of 2 changes to ports of call during our first week. I'm actually really pleased about both the changes. From Mahon (been there loads of times) to Palamos - which sounds quite nice and from Palermo (not very keen on this port) to Trapani - have been once and loved the trip to Erice. So fortunately I'm quite happy about things.:)

Noticed the changes some time ago and was a bit miffed at first as Ive never been to Mahon. Having done some research, Im happy enough with the amendments. We are going 4th June but no letter yet from Thomson.

Gills, never been to Erice so what is the attraction?

I got my letter from Thomson yesterday as well, am also cruising on 30th July but am happy about the changes as have previously been to Mahon.

Its my first time cruising and am treating my mum...havent told her the ports yet so at least she wont be dissappointed with the changes!!

Noticed the changes some time ago and was a bit miffed at first as Ive never been to Mahon. Having done some research, Im happy enough with the amendments. We are going 4th June but no letter yet from Thomson.

Gills, never been to Erice so what is the attraction?

Erice is a fortified mountain top town a couple of miles from Trapani. You can get there by road or use the cable car direct from Trapani itself. There will be an excursion or you can do it yourself. It is a interesting place with great views if not cloudy. It can be chilly up there if the sun is not shining. The ship docks right in the centre of town, literally yards away.

Palamos is a pretty little place and you can walk right into town. It is a pity Mahon is not included but apparently it is because of a combination of Dream not having a stern thruster and there not being a powerful enough tug available.

Erice is a fortified mountain top town a couple of miles from Trapani. You can get there by road or use the cable car direct from Trapani itself. There will be an excursion or you can do it yourself. It is a interesting place with great views if not cloudy. It can be chilly up there if the sun is not shining. The ship docks right in the centre of town, literally yards away.

Palamos is a pretty little place and you can walk right into town. It is a pity Mahon is not included but apparently it is because of a combination of Dream not having a stern thruster and there not being a powerful enough tug available.

Dave

Thanks for the info both places sound interesting. Thomson's reason for not going to Mahon is quote:

" Mahon is reached via a 3-mile-long, very narrow channel so manoeuvring into port could be difficult - especially during strong winds"

As Ive said disappointed its no longer included but still happy with the revised itinerary

We are going on 16th July but haven't received a letter yet, I had reason to e-mail Thomson Customer Services a couple of weeks ago about our cruise and there was no menton of the change in itinerary in their reply to me. Will wait and see if they get in touch, bit miffed because we had made arrangements to meet up with friends in Mahon but hope there are no further changes.

Archived