Need some help with what to do

Cruisin Together

We will be in San Juan 7-3:30. Does anyone have any recommendation for a tour ( other than the cruise ship tours) that would take us to the rainforest, forts & still have time to enjoy some local cuisine and beverages? So far we have 6 of us in our party but there could be more. The drawback to the cruiseline tours is that there is no time on the schedule for local eating and drinking. :cool:

I'd skip the rainforest...travel time is too long. Go to the fort and do a self-guided tour. Beautiful view from above. Then spend the rest of the time in the old city walking around, get a mojito, and a nice lunch. Check out tripadvisor for restaurants. By then, you'll be ready to head to the ship.

Try visiting the Bacardi factory....catch the ferry from pier#2 after exiting the ferry walk a bit to the right to catch a short taxi ride to the factory. Let me add the tour is free, it isn't the actual factory and they give you 2 strong drinks of your choice for free :D.

You could do one of the tours to the rainforest that are offered just as you leave the ship. You may be able to find a guy with a smaller van, so you can customize a trip. The trips to EL Yuqnue are usually 4-5 hrs (2 hrs drive time). But if you get a custom trip, he can stop in Pinones or at the Luquillo kiosks for a food/drinks.

Thanks for the ideas. We are going to skip the Bacardi Tour and stop at Don Q for some rum tasting. We are looking at Sunset Tours to get us to the rainforest and then one of the forts and shopping. I am worried that this will be alot to do with the amount of time that we are there.

Thanks for the ideas. We are going to skip the Bacardi Tour and stop at Don Q for some rum tasting. We are looking at Sunset Tours to get us to the rainforest and then one of the forts and shopping. I am worried that this will be alot to do with the amount of time that we are there.

When I was there at Don Q they limited the tasting to 1 per person.

Archived