Bringing Wine On Board- Confused!

chicy724

Re: Corkage fee

We brought our chilled spumante to elegant night and were NOT charged the fee, even though our waiter opened it for us, provided the wine bucket, and poured it. It may be that the bar waiter has to get involved in it for the fee to be assessed, but I'm just guessing.

It is hit or miss with the corkage fee - we have never been charged one in the dining room altho I have heard of others who have!

Yeah I mean you can drink it in your room anytime during your cruise. You might catch some flack from employees if you bring it on deck but just be careful. I know when I brought my bottle on deck one night during the cruise I was told by the bartender in the area that I wasn't supposed to be drinking it on deck and that it was only for sail away and that if her boss saw I'd be charged corkage or something like that. I kept drinking it anyway after explaining it was my one allowed bottle. She let me alone and I never got charged. (Lesson learned: pour your drinks into your thermos before going up on deck)

Obviously you won't have any issues drinking it in your room. Your room steward will even bring you ice for it if you need it.

One bottle per person in your carry on is fine and encouraged. :)

I also think one of the problems with bringing it on deck is that it is a glass bottle and that is not allowed. :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...
We had 4 adults and 3 kids and two rooms.

Carry on: We brought 3 bottles of wine and a box of wine. And 2 twelve packs of soda.

A BOX of wine? That would be great.. but a box of wine is typically 2-3 bottles.. so how did that work as a one-bottle-per-person carry on?

You can take your one bottle of wine, 12 pack of soda AND12 pack of water if you like....:) Others may add to this list....

Actually per carnival's policy you can only bring one 12 pk of bottles/cans, 20 oz or less, per person~ you can not bring a 12 pk of soda and a 12 pk of water per person, along with a bottle of wine/champagne.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually per carnival's policy you can only bring one 12 pk of bottles/cans, 20 oz or less, per person~ you can not bring a 12 pk of soda and a 12 pk of water per person, along with a bottle of wine/champagne.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

We've each got 12, 20oz gatorades and a bottle of wine :D

Archived